Is Everyone Happy With Their Acadia?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AustinZ71

AustinZ71

Enthusiast

• 233 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

I don't know much about them but she is looking at those and the new Grand Cherokee. Is everyone happy with theirs? Any pros and cons?
2010 Sheer Silver GMC Sierra CCSB
2WD 6.2L
Volant CAI
N-Fab Bars

Much Much more to come....

#2 DazedFred

DazedFred

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

we love our Acadia, we havent had any issues with it besides the battery issue that we are still having.

We were looking at getting the terrain but when we actually got to the dealer they didnt have a terrain that met our requirements and we looked at the Acadia. With the deal we got we paid just over what we would have for a Terrain plus or minus a few things. We are happy we went with the Acadia, the extra room is nice to have just in case. We know a few family friends that have the Acadia also and love them too. I just make fun if it since looking from the inside back to the rear it reminds me of a mini van, the wife hates it when i call it a mini van.
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4
No Mods yet.

#3 takitoz71

takitoz71

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

we love our acadia as well and havent had any issues that the warranty hasnt covered. i have driven mine on many road trips and its nice and quiet and smooth as well. the only problem i think with it is the power under the hood. wish it had a small block v-8 or more power on the v-6. other than that its an awesome crossover. i got it fully loaded with navigation, quad seats, rear entertainment, HUD and every option u can think off. shouldve waited for the denali version!!!

#4 Gordy

Gordy

Enthusiast

• 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

My wife loves hers its an 09. Had an intermitent CEL that ended up being a timing belt. They had to pull the whole engine to replace. Only other thing was a tail light lens that needed replaced due to condensation inside. Gas milage is not very impressive for a v6, and smaller vehicle. I personally do not really care for the 6 speed auto shift pattern when you put your foot in it. Newer years could be different. But then I'm used to my tahoe.

#5 8.1HD/ALLISON

8.1HD/ALLISON

Senior Truck Tweaker

• 2,551 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Drives:04 K2500HD

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

My wife loves hers its an 09. Had an intermitent CEL that ended up being a timing belt. They had to pull the whole engine to replace. Only other thing was a tail light lens that needed replaced due to condensation inside. Gas milage is not very impressive for a v6, and smaller vehicle. I personally do not really care for the 6 speed auto shift pattern when you put your foot in it. Newer years could be different. But then I'm used to my tahoe.

These have timing chains. They are having problems with the chains stretching. Typical problem. Other than that they seem to be ok.

backhoe6_zps0cfc8c15.jpg
You want fuel economy? Buy a Prius.... I have a big block!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Chevy Silverado K2500 HD CCLB, 8.1L/Allison, 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs,
B&W hitch, Whelen 6 channel strobe lights, Soundoff Signal Mini Light Bar,
Dual Flowmaster Super 44's, BlackBear Tuned, Too much to list,

#6 tbhuge

tbhuge

Enthusiast

• 199 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

One problem that my wife's has had since she bought it new is with the moonroof. One of them has leaked several times with little long term correction by GM. She made a comment that one of the drain hoses is too short and allowed it to drip inside the cab. She left it outside one night when it rained and came out and the inside of her acadia was flooded. They had it towed to the dealership and had to completely remove the interior, dry it out and replace a bunch of the electronics that were damaged. I have not done much reseach into this, but she had and apparetly it is common. I love moonroofs, and I was looking at the Acadias for the wife. Because of this issue, I will be looking at other alternatives.

#7 Stumpuller6.2

Stumpuller6.2

400HP CLUB

• 1,118 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Anyone know when they will get redesigned? I think the vehicle is great but the exterior is old looking now... considering this or a small tahoe...

Posted Image

Check out my MODS!

#8 Gordy

Gordy

Enthusiast

• 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Timing chain, okay we were told belt I did not see it warranty work.

We have the moon roof/ sunroof package. Would have rather had just the sun roof saftey wise. No leakage problems though.

The body style is what we liked. The Terrian is to boxy for our liking. Why mess with a good thing.

Edited by Gordy, 12 March 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#9 tonygxp

tonygxp

Enthusiast

• 417 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Timing chain, okay we were told belt I did not see it warranty work.

We have the moon roof/ sunroof package. Would have rather had just the sun roof saftey wise. No leakage problems though.

The body style is what we liked. The Terrian is to boxy for our liking. Why mess with a good thing.

The Terrain has you sitting on the ground, about the same height as a new Taurus. The Lambda CUVs sit higher up and the longer wheelbase makes it rides 10x better. having said that my wife and i looked at the Enclaves in late '09. they were nice but i had the feeling like if i kept the vehicle for an extended period of time do i want to deal with the unibody structure in such a large vehicle? My father purchased a new traverse last year FWD LT1. 23k miles on it and the driver's seat squeaks like crazy like an old sofa and the rack needed to be replaced along with an additional sterring column component the mechanic found during the test drive with my father to confirm the rack was no good. i also just replaced his front rotors due to warping??? a year old 23k mi? he's 64yo and drives like it lol.. $350. not impressed by them, maybe the next generation they will have solved these issues. remember this is the first time GM has gone down this road and they're working the bugs out as they go, i don't like being anyone's guinea pig. oh yeah, the cladding on the lower panels/bumpers are already fading, another cheap move by GM on all three except the acadia Denali.

i ended up getting a tahoe and then my new Yukon (personal preference change form tahoe) do to the body on frame reliability. did i sacrifice a little ride quality? yeah, some mileage as well but i felt the long term would reverse any negatives in the short such as when this truck has 150k miles on it it will still be tight can the same be said for a Lambda? i've driven an enclave with 68k miles on it and i can tell you it don't drive like the same CUV i rove new. not a good thing. Resale value on the GM full size trucks is ridiculous, even when gas prices are high, go look for yourself. even when gas was $5.00 a gallon years ago they were not giving them away new/used. I get 13.7 in my Yukon with all city mileage stop and go around here, remote start every time, etc.

if you do alot of hwy mileage then get a CUV, if you don't i think you'll get your $$$$ back and a better vehicle going with the full size.

Posted Image

2010 GMC Denali Storm Gray Met.

#10 pm26

pm26

Senior Enthusiast

• 6,340 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

They had to pull the whole engine out to replace the timing chain? Never heard of that before. And if they really had to , serves them right for 1. stupid design; 2. being cheap and install substandard quality timing chains in. A good quality timing chain should last 200k miles or more.

The sunroof flooding issue is very reminiscent of problems Volkswagen had with many of their vehicles. If GM is following in VW footsteps to see how far you can cheapen the vehicles before it backfires on you, they are in for a rude awakening.

Edited by pm26, 27 March 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#11 Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado

Independent Amsoil Dealer

• 3,274 posts
  • Drives:2002 Silverado 91 Jetta TD

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

We really like ours. Fully loaded on trips to Florida or up to Boston we got 22mpg. Not to bad for a vehicle that weighs 4k plus riders and luggage. My only gripe is the tires. We have an 08 with the 19" wheels and the tires have not lasted more than 38k miles on either the Goodyears or the Michelins.

Here is a good forum to check out.

Edited by Black02Silverado, 27 March 2011 - 08:52 AM.

Black 02 Silverado Z71, 5.3L Amsoil Fluids Black Bear Tuned with AutoCal
Black 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Economizer 91 Jetta Turbo Diesel

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants & Filtration Systems, Click Here
Wholesale pricing available!

Posted Image

#12 Gordy

Gordy

Enthusiast

• 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:45 AM

See post I got my recall papers in the mail

#13 TP@CLNC

TP@CLNC

Enthusiast

• 110 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

What post? So what's the issue?
2011 GMC HD 3500 DRW SLT 4 X 4 - Black with the Duramax
2011 GMC Acadia Denali - White Diamond Tricoat

#14 Gordy

Gordy

Enthusiast

• 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

What post? So what's the issue?

That is the name of the post. Bsically its a recall if you are having a cel on the timing chain. They install new timing chain, and recalibrate the DIC, and oil life monitor to more frequent oil changes. You are not suppose to bring it in unless there is problems.

The other was a connector for one of the air bags that may corrode over time setting off the service light. Again do not bring in unless there is an issue. The item is servicable until 2013 or 120000 miles.

This is on my 09 acadia

#15 gm4ever

gm4ever

Enthusiast

• 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

We traded our 07 yukon 4 speed auto 4x4, for an 10 acadia awd 6 speed auto. I love the 6 speed as we drive on a lot of hilly terrain. It sways less than the yukon and the rear windows go all the way down as opposed to the yukon where they only went down halfway. Only problem is you don't have the more commanding view that we had in the yukon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users