Where Was My New Truck Built

I don't know if there are just so many topics on this I have to narrow it down more, or what, but I can't seem to find anything searching where my new truck was built. It's in route from somewhere.

'11 Crew Cab 1500 with 6.2L

I don't know if there are just so many topics on this I have to narrow it down more, or what, but I can't seem to find anything searching where my new truck was built. It's in route from somewhere.

'11 Crew Cab 1500 with 6.2L

do you have a VIN yet? if so, the 11th Character in the VIN can tell you where it was built.

1/2-ton crew-cabs are built at one of two plants....Silao Mexico,and Flint,Mi.

There are 3 ways to tell....the 1st digit of the VIN (1 means US built - 2 means Canadian built - 3 means Mexican built )

The 11th digit of the VIN designates the build plant,and theres also an RPO code that tells you what plant it was built at.

RPO code and 11th digit of the VIN:

MSL - SILAO, MEXICO PLANT - 11th digit would be a "G"

CMD - ASSEMBLY PLANT - FLINT, MI - 11th digit would be an "F"

FWI - FORT WAYNE PLANT - 11th digit would be a "Z" (This is for regular and extended-cabs)

There are 3 ways to tell....the 1st digit of the VIN (1 means US built - 2 means Canadian built - 3 means Mexican built )

The 11th digit of the VIN designates the build plant,and theres also an RPO code that tells you what plant it was built at.

:) Hmmm, anyone see the Coincidence with the Mexican VIN Code? G=Garbage, Like Most Mexican Things! (No Offense to anyone with a Mexican Built Truck.)

:) Hmmm, anyone see the Coincidence with the Mexican VIN Code? G=Garbage, Like Most Mexican Things! (No Offense to anyone with a Mexican Built Truck.)

Thank you.

3 and G. That's a shame, mexican built.

I've owned a 2010 Silverado 1500 4WD LTZ Z-71 CC/SB 5.3/3.42 for almost a year now .... Yup, it's a MEXICAN TRUCK. And, Yup, it has the dreaded AFM (Horrors!!!!)

My truck has been profoundly PERFECT in every way. Absolutely frackin' perfect.

I suspect that you will be delighted with your new CC 6.2, even though it had to swim the Rio Grande.

By the way, maybe it's because I'm an old man, but my 5.3 AFM with the six-speed tranny EXCEEDS the Federal fuel mileage estimate quite consistently.

Steve

haha. Around 04 I wanted a 99-01 Dodge Ram Sport. I was taking lease returns at the local Dodge dealer at the time. I got my Sport , a 2000 Mexican built truck. What I noticed with the lease returns were that the mexican built trucks all had the same quality defects where as the american built rams did not. Mine had a Cracked dash. Good Times.

On my 2007 V-Max on the truck drivers door it says it General Motors of Canada, and on my 2007 Suburban it says it was built in wisconsin.

Yep.....both those plants are closed now.

Your truck was built at the Oshawa Ontario Canada plant,RPO code OSG with a VIN digit of "1"

The Suburban was built at the Janesville,Wi. plant,RPO code JAN,I can't remember the VIN digit,but I think its "J",You'll have to confirm that,and correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll add another one,the Arlington,TX. plant,Its RPO code ARL,and VIN digit "R"

They build Tahoe's,Suburban's,Yukon's and Escalade's (non-EXT) Before that they built the full-size B-body cars (Caprice,Impala SS,Roadmaster)

Add my truck to the list of Mexican built Silverados. I guess time will tell concerning long term reliability, but as far as fit and finish, this is the best truck with body seams and interior fit of all my previous Chevy trucks. (One was built in Oshawa, one in Indiana, and one in Flint) We're only looking at assembly here though as the components are made and shipped to the assembly points. So I assume if you have a Flint truck and I have a Silao truck, they were made out of the same parts?

I realize the OP's question has been answered, but thought I'd throw into the thread that my truck was assembled in Pontiac, MI.

The Suburban (now gone) was built in Mexico. Not that it's representative of the plant, but it had several problems- which is part of why it's gone.

Archived