Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yes I have used the search function and I know how to do the 4 high mod for my 2000 silverado. But instead of pulling the fuse box and cutting the wires, can I tap into the yellow wire on each headlight before the connector and ground it. Instead of cutting and soldering I was just wondering will the wire taps work?

Thanks

Brandon

4 high mod? what is this? or what should i search for? i either get no search results or tons of 4x4 threads to sift through...

EDIT - is a headlight mod?

Yep it is a headlight mod. It will keep the low beams on while the high beams are on.For 99-02 you just need to tap into the yellow wire on each headlight and ground it. For 03-06 there is a different method however, it involves a diode in the fuse box.

Yep it is a headlight mod. It will keep the low beams on while the high beams are on.For 99-02 you just need to tap into the yellow wire on each headlight and ground it. For 03-06 there is a different method however, it involves a diode in the fuse box.

03-06 mod with diode..

post-9930-1296862449_thumb.jpg

oo i think im gonna do this to my truck now. sounds preety sick to have all for lights on at once in high beams. maybe ill wire my offroad lights to them too

oo i think im gonna do this to my truck now. sounds preety sick to have all for lights on at once in high beams. maybe ill wire my offroad lights to them too

Trust me its definately worth it. Its like driving during daylight now. :shakehead:

03-06 mod with diode..

Anyone have a picture of what this looks like on the truck when completed? Im looking for what the fuse box looks like, not the headlights. :shakehead:

Also, what kind of diode do I need, and what a common place to get it?

i would love to do this but what about inspection time???? you think theyd let it pass? im in PA

I believe it is a 3 amp 50 volt diode. And here is a picture form another site. Also I think you would be fine with inspection considering most new GM vehicles operate like this from factory.

post-63450-1296912431_thumb.jpg

post-63450-1296912533_thumb.jpg

do i actually fully cut off the wire or just run a ground wire off of it? sounds easy enough

Just did the mod to my truck and i really like it. makes the high beams a whole lot brighter. now im debating hooking up my offora lights to the high beams. would i be able to do that by just rigging it up to the hot wires without blowing the fuse?

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.