Cherry Bomb Exhaust?

I know exhaust questions are beat to death on here but if anyone is running a cherry bomb exhaust, what muffler are you using? I'm just wanting to replace my (leaking) factory muffler and keep all factory pipe. I'm looking for very little to zero in cab drone but want to know it's there when in the gas etc.. The reason I'm leaning towards cherry bomb is 1 they are cheaper and 2 suppose to be similar to flowmaster from what local shops tell me. Thanks for any help.

cherry bomb has mufflers and glass packs. I have never heard or ridden in a truck with the muffler. But the glass packs are super cheap, quiet and don't have any drone to my knowledge. My friend as one in his 2001 5.3 and you can't tell its not stock. When i steps on it, it might be a tad louder but not very much. So far i haven't heard any drone. The only down side is that the glass packs burn out in a year or two and get louder. IMO i think they are a cheap exhaust i would just buy a magnaflow muffler. Not much louder then stock only under heavy acceleration or load. Best way to find the perfect exhaust for you is youtube. It has lots of videos of exhaust clips.

i got 3 friends that have dual packs on their trucks. all three of them have heard "son, your pipes are too loud" from kentucky state troopers. they were lucky and didnt get siatation or anything, but still had an unpleasant and inconvenient conversation for about an hour about noise pollution laws, and what they "should" have done to them. i have the kind of luck that if i even thought glasspack they would give me a sitation with a court date....

packs are louder than flowmaster or magnaflow, but i dont think they have as "rich" and "deep" of a tone. i like flowmasters, because they are a good balance. now dont get me wrong. rat rod? mud truck? yes im putting packs on it because cherry bombs are 20 bucks a pop. daily driver? no thanks.

I have dual glass pack cherry bombs on my truck now. If you want loud and obnoxius, thats the way to go. I had a name brand (dont remember which one) and the baffles broke inside. Sounded horrible. Everytime you hit the gas it started rattling.

Thanks for the input. Yeah I know all about the glass packs, thats what I used to run back in high school on my 94 Z71 and ran all sizes from 12inch up to 24". Man those 12" were loud especially without cats on. I'm looking at the cherry bomb elite muffler as it seems to be the mildest of the bunch. How is the in cab drone on your pro muffler daryl? Very loud outside?

i got 3 friends that have dual packs on their trucks. all three of them have heard "son, your pipes are too loud" from kentucky state troopers. they were lucky and didnt get siatation or anything, but still had an unpleasant and inconvenient conversation for about an hour about noise pollution laws, and what they "should" have done to them. i have the kind of luck that if i even thought glasspack they would give me a sitation with a court date....

packs are louder than flowmaster or magnaflow, but i dont think they have as "rich" and "deep" of a tone. i like flowmasters, because they are a good balance. now dont get me wrong. rat rod? mud truck? yes im putting packs on it because cherry bombs are 20 bucks a pop. daily driver? no thanks.

I bet my 10 series Flowmaster will give any glasspack a run for its money. No signature cackle either. :wtf:

I bet my 10 series Flowmaster will give any glasspack a run for its money. No signature cackle either. :wtf:

post a video of it!!! :rolleyes:

10 series has nothing on the cherry bomb extreme but it really matters about what you put it on.If your looking in to glasspack look into flowtech red hots or purple hornie,also flo-pro twister racing muffler is also great!

and dont forget pipe sizes/ lengths/ bends/ cats/ and the other half million variables. there is more than one way to go loud. imo, if you have a sbc, you need to run 2 1/4" true dual 40 series flowmaster. i think that sounds the best. my 07 is stock, but my '72 gives you a warning before it comes around the bend ;)

and dont forget pipe sizes/ lengths/ bends/ cats/ and the other half million variables. there is more than one way to go loud. imo, if you have a sbc, you need to run 2 1/4" true dual 40 series flowmaster. i think that sounds the best. my 07 is stock, but my '72 gives you a warning before it comes around the bend ;)

I have the cherry bomb extreme, 1 in 2 out, with quad tips (looks similar to the corvet tips but thicker) and I am very pleased, and have had a ton of comments. Really turns heads. It was nice before i put the tips on, but man did the tips ever wake it up!

I have the cherry bomb extreme. 1 in 2 out.... I have it dumping right out the passenger side into 2-4" tips 18' long... Looks great, sounds great, but the drone does get to me after a while. Sometimes i find myself coasting more, or hitting the gas to go to the next gear to calm it down... But for every annoyance time it gives me, its all worth it when i drive by someone and they just stare and smile :D

Rev just after i installed

Boring drive around block... towards the end around 3:10 i get on it a little but its a side street so it was not much but you can hear the rumble... :uhoh:

108_2552.jpg

108_2550.jpg

108_2555.jpg

Archived