Beat Another Ss Truck Today..

yukon25008.1

So i whooped another SS truck today. a red one, this will be the third one ive destroyed in a race with one of my hd trucks. were i used to work the boss,s son had an 04 or 05 ss and i had a 2000 silverado 2500 with a 454 and beat him by 3 trucks lenghts easy, we tried it again when i got an 01 reg cab long bed 8.1 truck...and whooped him again even worse. yesterday at a light going to lowes a red one pulled next and the stereo was blaring so i just reved a second for the hell of it, and then he did so in the giant 8.1 yukon i held the brake and launched...had to be 3-4 truck lenghts or better. just seems like a reg old 1/2 ton to me. I thought they had a little more snot they what ive seen. the next point was whats so special about a half ton with a 6.0... is the SS badge suppossed to help it.. today you can buy any sierra or silverado 1/2 ton with a 6.2 that makes much better power than the 6.0..

Dont mind me im just curious.

They're not all that fast, especially from the youtube videos I've watched of them, but if you beat him by 3 truck lengths, I wonder what that yukon will do in the quarter, because these ss's are around 15.5. I wish they'd bring the ss back. They're really just undertuned from the factory like crazy, a good tune on one and it'll bark the front tires taking off.

Yea like i said im not knocking them..they look cool i just thought there was more performance to them having an SS emblem/title.

tyler do you have one of each?? your info says 01 2500 hd 6.0 but the other info says 01 SS ??

yeah 03 was the first year of the SS. i think its got special shocks and i know its lowered in the rear..... but im pretty sure its just another 6.0 in a 1500 nothing special, they just look awesome.

the Trailblazer SS is probably a lot faster then the silvy SS, i mean the TBSS is a small suv with a 6.0

if traction wasnt an issue, which silvy SS would be faster, the RWD or AWD?

yeah 03 was the first year of the SS. i think its got special shocks and i know its lowered in the rear..... but im pretty sure its just another 6.0 in a 1500 nothing special, they just look awesome.

the Trailblazer SS is probably a lot faster then the silvy SS, i mean the TBSS is a small suv with a 6.0

my RWD TBSS ran 13.49 @102 bone stock with about 800 miles on it. it also ran 13.50, .51, .53, .55, .56 the same day. An AWD TBSS ran with me he went 13.77 and then a bunch of 13.9's so to answer the question about which is faster between an AWD and RWD vehicle when traction is not an issue, it's simple. less weight and and reduced friction, rotating mass etc, 2WD only wins every time.

Yea like i said im not knocking them..they look cool i just thought there was more performance to them having an SS emblem/title.

tyler do you have one of each?? your info says 01 2500 hd 6.0 but the other info says 01 SS ??

They only had a concept ss in 01, 03-05 were awd and 06 until they quit with them were rwd. The concept in 2001 had an 6.6l in it.

I think that in 03 they were all AWD and starting in 04 you could get them in AWD or RWD, not 100% sure though. I had a 03 AWD and loved it, like said above, they came way undertuned from the factory.

my RWD TBSS ran 13.49 @102 bone stock with about 800 miles on it. it also ran 13.50, .51, .53, .55, .56 the same day. An AWD TBSS ran with me he went 13.77 and then a bunch of 13.9's so to answer the question about which is faster between an AWD and RWD vehicle when traction is not an issue, it's simple. less weight and and reduced friction, rotating mass etc, 2WD only wins every time.

thats what thought... what handles better? RWD or AWD?

thats pretty fast for stock...

Archived