Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone added LED bulbs for there turn signals in the headlights on a GMT-900?

If so did you have any problem with rapid flash or bad buld indication in the dash?

Has anyone added LED bulbs for there turn signals in the headlights on a GMT-900?

If so did you have any problem with rapid flash or bad buld indication in the dash?

is that weird if i follow your posts just to look at your sig? haha

i'm also interested in knowing this!

Not relly weird..... :sigh: whats wrong with the sig..that pic is bad when it warms up and i finish the truck I'm gonna put better ones on.

Not relly weird..... :sigh: whats wrong with the sig..that pic is bad when it warms up and i finish the truck I'm gonna put better ones on.

there's nothing wrong with your sig, i LOVE the way your truck looks

They will blink fast or irregularly. But here is my opinion:

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Turn-Si...R-p5168713.html

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/T...D-p8795268.html

Yes indeed it will be pricey ($120 if you decide to run the switchback lights - really cool; less if you just want amber led's)

Post pics if you decide to do this mod.

Yes indeed it will be pricey ($120 if you decide to run the switchback lights - really cool; less if you just want amber led's)

I purchaed the same style from Recon and got the exact same resistors too. I just didnt want to put them on and not need them since I have to take out the light, juat makes it easier, I wanted to make sure i needed them on. I did get the 28 LED fog light bulbs from V-LEDS they are awsome and bright white. I'll post some pictures when I get the truck done,Its cold and snowy here in NW PA.

Thanks for the links though. :sigh:

Your truck has to be one of the best looking GMT-900 I've seen... I love white and that pearl is over the top.

Thanks! Your truck looks great aswell.

I'm 99% sure you will need the resistors...before putting the headlight back in, just try your signal and make sure it works properly before bolting the headlight back in...believe me - they're a PITA taking out!

let me get this right. wit those v-led bulbs... they will be where my parking lights are, and driving around they will be white and then when my blinker comes on they flash white then amber? thats pretty cool. i am looking to do new led bulbs all around. any feedback here?

let me get this right. wit those v-led bulbs... they will be where my parking lights are, and driving around they will be white and then when my blinker comes on they flash white then amber? thats pretty cool. i am looking to do new led bulbs all around. any feedback here?

The 28 LED bulbs I have are white 5202 and are for the fogs, I have to use amber only here in PA for side marker lights. I got those bulbs, the third brake and cargo light bulbs, and complete tail lights from www.gorecon.com . I changed the interior lights also, Recon has a complete LED interior set of bulbs. The 3rd brake light and cargo lights were alot cheaper to change bulbs then get a whole new light bar.

Tail Lights with GM tail light guards.

Picture003.jpg">

Fog lights with 28 LED bulbs from V-LEDS.

Picture001.jpg">

You were absolutly right, needed a resistor on each bulb, four in all. The ones from Recon or V-LEDS ,they're the same, just clip in line with scotch locks.

I asked my dealer about rapid flash and was told that its controlled from the BCM and can be made to act normal but they wouldn't do it for aftermarket stuff, only for dealer installed things like dump beds or work bodies on a cab/chassis.He said Upfitters (?) use this programming.

The resistors work just fine for me though.

I would love to see what those v-led bulbs look like in an 09 sierra. so to do this correctly for the parking lights you need 4 bulbs, and one resistor per bulb (4 of each total)?

I want to do LEDs in everything outside and in, do I need a resistor in everything or just those that flash? Do I need resistors in the back if I put LEDs in the rear stock housings?

I would love a rundown of ALL bulbs in my truck from someone so I know what I need to replace. I already did HIDs in lows and fogs. Here's what I want to do, could someone assign bulb numbers next to my descriptions below?

4 V-LED Dual Color parking light bulbs, need 4 with 4 resistors - (place bulb number here please!)

LED marker light bulbs, need # and quantity -

LED 3rd brake light bulbs, what #, quantity, color -

LED Cargo Lights, what # and quantity -

LED Taillight/turn signal, what # and quantity, do I need resistors on these, on all 4 back here? -

LED Reverse light bulb - what # and quantity -

LED License plate bulbs, what # and quantity -

LED interior bulbs, what # and quantities -

If I left any out please let me know, thanks for the help in advance!

I would love to see what those v-led bulbs look like in an 09 sierra. so to do this correctly for the parking lights you need 4 bulbs, and one resistor per bulb (4 of each total)?

I want to do LEDs in everything outside and in, do I need a resistor in everything or just those that flash? Do I need resistors in the back if I put LEDs in the rear stock housings?

I would love a rundown of ALL bulbs in my truck from someone so I know what I need to replace. I already did HIDs in lows and fogs. Here's what I want to do, could someone assign bulb numbers next to my descriptions below?

4 V-LED Dual Color parking light bulbs, need 4 with 4 resistors - (place bulb number here please!)

LED marker light bulbs, need # and quantity - 4157na qty.4 (these are amber) 4 resistors

LED 3rd brake light bulbs, what #, quantity, color - 921 qty.2

LED Cargo Lights, what # and quantity - 921 qty(2)

LED Taillight/turn signal, what # and quantity, do I need resistors on these, on all 4 back here? - 3057 qty.4 and 4 resistors

LED Reverse light bulb - what # and quantity - 921 qty.2 (one each light)

LED License plate bulbs, what # and quantity - see below

LED interior bulbs, what # and quantities - 212 qty.4 (2 each light) crew and extended

I tried LEDs in the license plate lights from three companies and none will fit.. the LEDs are longer then stock and hit the lens of the socket. Watch when adding the resistors to the rear lights that you put them on the flasher set of wires not the running light side. Thats why I changed my whole light between all the bulbs and resistors, $300, it wasn't much more at all ,$350,. The complete light is plug and play. When gettint the 921 bulbs get the one with led's all the way around not just on the end or your refletors wont work in the light.

If I left any out please let me know, thanks for the help in advance!

Abnjeffy, I want to add too that there will be alot of people that say you can get them super cheap here or their. I tried one of those place..ordered through Ebay... they were like $10 each. It took 6 weeeks to get to me and 3 of the 5 didnt work. Contacted the seller and was told he was just a distributer, contacted Ebay Buyer Protection, Yeah thats a joke, Ebay said as long as long as the seller was attempting to get them replaced there was nothing they could do. The manufacture he delt with was in Japan. 5 months still no replacements.. The seller had over 96000 sales with a 99.5% rating.

My point is only buy from companies that can be trusted like Superbrightleds, V-leds, or Recon to name a few.

Just my opion but you get what you pay for, both product and service.

I've recently learned that lesson a few times, I will be ordering these from a reputable distributor

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.