Led Bulbs

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 IanF

IanF

Enthusiast

• 151 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

Go to a ricer/speed shop and they usually will lead you through the process and let you test the bulbs in their shop. Their prices are generally better than off ebay. I got good license bulbs that actually fit the housing better by trying what they had in theri selection of stock bulbs. The dome lights I went with adjustable length festoon style in a 3X3 pattern and mounted them in the housing with foam tape, that way i could adjust the output direction better. Make sure that the bulb is put in negative to negative/ positive to positive before closing the housing as they are NOT reversible like ordinary bulbs and if you get it wrong you have to reverse the lamp to make it work. Its a fifty/fifty proposition if you do it by guess.
2010 Silverado LS Cheyenne edition, 2WD, 4.8L, Crew Cab, Taupe Grey

LineX'd, HIDs, Extang Solid TriFold, Various LED Mods, Orange Programmable TPMS Sensors, DEPO Black surround headlights

#17 abnjeffy

abnjeffy

Enthusiast

• 72 posts
  • Drives:2009 Sierra 5.3L 2WD Crew Cab

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Beave84,

Did you do the Type 1 or Type 2 style? Are yours the 60 LEd or the 92 LED? How do you compare the brightness to stock? What is the bulb number for our turn signals?

#18 beave84

beave84

Enthusiast

• 491 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Beave84,

Did you do the Type 1 or Type 2 style? Are yours the 60 LEd or the 92 LED? How do you compare the brightness to stock? What is the bulb number for our turn signals?

Not sure what you mean. The turn signal is 4157na.

Posted Image

2010 Silverado C/C Z71 2LT Summit White 6" Pro Comp Lift 35x12.50 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ's on 20" Incubus Wheels 2.5" Flowmaster Stainless Duals Aries Bull Bar and Nerf Bars Custom Colored Extang Tonneau Cover Recon Lighting LED's In Every Socket Added Heat To My Leather Seats A and R Motorsports 6000K HID's GM Tail Light Guards.Black Bear Tuned

2011 Silverado ECSB Z71 2LT Imperial Blue Metallic Stock So Far.

1992 S-10 Canary Yellow Pro Street Motown 415 Block Dart Heads Scat Forged Crank Eagle H-Beam Rods Powerglide by DeArment Transmission Curry 9 Inch and Four Link.

#19 20Silverado11

20Silverado11

Enthusiast

• 91 posts
  • Name:Marc
  • Drives:2011 Silverado

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

I would love to see what those v-led bulbs look like in an 09 sierra. so to do this correctly for the parking lights you need 4 bulbs, and one resistor per bulb (4 of each total)?

I want to do LEDs in everything outside and in, do I need a resistor in everything or just those that flash? Do I need resistors in the back if I put LEDs in the rear stock housings?

I would love a rundown of ALL bulbs in my truck from someone so I know what I need to replace. I already did HIDs in lows and fogs. Here's what I want to do, could someone assign bulb numbers next to my descriptions below?

4 V-LED Dual Color parking light bulbs, need 4 with 4 resistors - (place bulb number here please!)
LED marker light bulbs, need # and quantity - 4157na qty.4 (these are amber) 4 resistors
LED 3rd brake light bulbs, what #, quantity, color - 921 qty.2
LED Cargo Lights, what # and quantity - 921 qty(2)
LED Taillight/turn signal, what # and quantity, do I need resistors on these, on all 4 back here? - 3057 qty.4 and 4 resistors
LED Reverse light bulb - what # and quantity - 921 qty.2 (one each light)
LED License plate bulbs, what # and quantity - see below
LED interior bulbs, what # and quantities - 212 qty.4 (2 each light) crew and extended

I tried LEDs in the license plate lights from three companies and none will fit.. the LEDs are longer then stock and hit the lens of the socket. Watch when adding the resistors to the rear lights that you put them on the flasher set of wires not the running light side. Thats why I changed my whole light between all the bulbs and resistors, $300, it wasn't much more at all ,$350,. The complete light is plug and play. When gettint the 921 bulbs get the one with led's all the way around not just on the end or your refletors wont work in the light.

If I left any out please let me know, thanks for the help in advance!

WARNING! 2011 Silverado's use 3047 bulbs for backup lights - NOT 921!!! I ordered 921's based on the above and just found this out. Sylvania has a bulb replacement guide that you can use to verify what you really need.

Edited by 20Silverado11, 18 May 2011 - 09:48 PM.

2011 Silverado LT - Black, Extended Cab, Standard Bed - 4wd 6.2/3.42/Z60.

#20 beave84

beave84

Enthusiast

• 491 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

I would love to see what those v-led bulbs look like in an 09 sierra. so to do this correctly for the parking lights you need 4 bulbs, and one resistor per bulb (4 of each total)?

I want to do LEDs in everything outside and in, do I need a resistor in everything or just those that flash? Do I need resistors in the back if I put LEDs in the rear stock housings?

I would love a rundown of ALL bulbs in my truck from someone so I know what I need to replace. I already did HIDs in lows and fogs. Here's what I want to do, could someone assign bulb numbers next to my descriptions below?

4 V-LED Dual Color parking light bulbs, need 4 with 4 resistors - (place bulb number here please!)
LED marker light bulbs, need # and quantity - 4157na qty.4 (these are amber) 4 resistors
LED 3rd brake light bulbs, what #, quantity, color - 921 qty.2
LED Cargo Lights, what # and quantity - 921 qty(2)
LED Taillight/turn signal, what # and quantity, do I need resistors on these, on all 4 back here? - 3057 qty.4 and 4 resistors
LED Reverse light bulb - what # and quantity - 921 qty.2 (one each light)
LED License plate bulbs, what # and quantity - see below
LED interior bulbs, what # and quantities - 212 qty.4 (2 each light) crew and extended

I tried LEDs in the license plate lights from three companies and none will fit.. the LEDs are longer then stock and hit the lens of the socket. Watch when adding the resistors to the rear lights that you put them on the flasher set of wires not the running light side. Thats why I changed my whole light between all the bulbs and resistors, $300, it wasn't much more at all ,$350,. The complete light is plug and play. When gettint the 921 bulbs get the one with led's all the way around not just on the end or your refletors wont work in the light.

If I left any out please let me know, thanks for the help in advance!

WARNING! 2011 Silverado's use 3047 bulbs for backup lights - NOT 921!!! I ordered 921's based on the above and just found this out. Sylvania has a bulb replacement guide that you can use to verify what you really need.

Yeah that list was for abnjeffy's truck thats a 2009. 2011 use 3047.

Edited by beave84, 18 May 2011 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image

2010 Silverado C/C Z71 2LT Summit White 6" Pro Comp Lift 35x12.50 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ's on 20" Incubus Wheels 2.5" Flowmaster Stainless Duals Aries Bull Bar and Nerf Bars Custom Colored Extang Tonneau Cover Recon Lighting LED's In Every Socket Added Heat To My Leather Seats A and R Motorsports 6000K HID's GM Tail Light Guards.Black Bear Tuned

2011 Silverado ECSB Z71 2LT Imperial Blue Metallic Stock So Far.

1992 S-10 Canary Yellow Pro Street Motown 415 Block Dart Heads Scat Forged Crank Eagle H-Beam Rods Powerglide by DeArment Transmission Curry 9 Inch and Four Link.

#21 agrats84

agrats84

Enthusiast

• 113 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone found a reliable license plate LED that fits properly without any issues?

2009 Silverado 1500 LTZ Ext. Cab Texas Edition, 5.3L, Z71, BB Tune, RC 2" Leveling Kit, 20" Brushed Aluminum Rims, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20, Fire & Ice LED Light Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro Tonneau Cover, Black Bow Tie, Chrome Grille, 6000K HID Headlights & Fogs, Chrome Body-Side Molding, OE Bushwacker Bedrail Caps, EGR in Channel Visors

My Garage

Posted Image

#22 daviid

daviid

Enthusiast

• 41 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Has anyone found a reliable license plate LED that fits properly without any issues?

I second this one. LED license plate bulbs will help with my back-up camera.

#23 IanF

IanF

Enthusiast

• 151 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

I have a pair of LED license bulbs in mine. I went to my local ricer shop and tried out several to see if they fit and to see the brightness. Found two that fit perfectly and are bright enough. I will try to put up a pic of them lit up later. $10 for the pair and the only issue is they do not get hot so I have to keep the snow away as they will not melt it.
2010 Silverado LS Cheyenne edition, 2WD, 4.8L, Crew Cab, Taupe Grey

LineX'd, HIDs, Extang Solid TriFold, Various LED Mods, Orange Programmable TPMS Sensors, DEPO Black surround headlights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users