Bad Driver Door Module?

woody68

Question

2004 Silverado - Can't lock/unlock driver door from remote or switch in either door. Window switches don't work in driver door. Interior light stays on. Power mirror switch works fine from driver door. Verified that power is getting to Driver Door Module. What should I check next?

0 answers to this question

that was it ,a powered test light ,you can chk power and grd at the same time at the connector if ya get what i mean

I replaced the module with a brand new GM one, and there is no change. Power mirror switch works, but no windows or locks?

2004 Silverado - Can't lock/unlock driver door from remote or switch in either door. Window switches don't work in driver door. Interior light stays on. Power mirror switch works fine from driver door. Verified that power is getting to Driver Door Module. What should I check next?

Ground?

If you have power and ground it's the module. The module can lock up and be reset by removing power from it for awhile and letting the capacitors drain down. ALOT of times this is all it is and once powered down and cycled back up you may never have another issue.

I removed the module, re-installed it the next day and it did not re-set itself. To test the ground, I clipped a test light to the batteries postive terminal, then probed the ground pin on the wiring harness connector for the module and it lit up, so I believe the ground is OK. BTW, what's the best method for testing for ground?

that was it ,a powered test light ,you can chk power and grd at the same time at the connector if ya get what i mean

I replaced the module with a brand new GM one, and there is no change. Power mirror switch works, but no windows or locks?

Did you have it programmed?

Turned out to be the data wire, it was broken in the door jamb. Dealer was unable to communicate with the module when attempting to program it. After repairing the wire, the module was programmed and everything is working fine now.

Thank You for the advice, much appreciated. A real learning experience for me.

Ground?

If you have power and ground it's the module. The module can lock up and be reset by removing power from it for awhile and letting the capacitors drain down. ALOT of times this is all it is and once powered down and cycled back up you may never have another issue.

Did you have it programmed?

Archived