Whats The Hp & Tq Specs On A 6.0

Just curious what the horse power and torque specs were in the newer version of the 6.0 in the 08-11 2500hd trucks,

if this yukon ever sells, im going back to a pickup. just debating between an 06-07 sierra duramax or and 08 or newer 6.0 truck

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i got a newer 6.0 VS the 8.1 or duramax.. how much hp & tq do you think ill pick up with a decent intake, exhaust, and blackbear tune.. the 8.1 i have now is great.. the tq is what ill miss the most especially with the 4;10 rear. the gas mpgs is just starting to kill me as a daily driver. all im pulling is a camper between 6-7000 lbs and firewood,pellets,etc...

Just curious what the horse power and torque specs were in the newer version of the 6.0 in the 08-11 2500hd trucks,

if this yukon ever sells, im going back to a pickup. just debating between an 06-07 sierra duramax or and 08 or newer 6.0 truck

Thanks

for whats it is worth, i am driving a 2010 6.0l 2500hd crew cab as a site truck for the past month.... it is no duramax, and i alamost want to say it compares performance wise to my brothers 5.3l 1500---thats a stretch, but when im hauling im used to lots of go when i hit the skinny peddle.... i use a tank of gas every 400kms (granted theres is a lot of idling and cold weather running) but this truck uses more gas than the 5.4l ford....

i've had no trouble pulling what i want to in mine. i pull a tandem axle trailer with a k5 blazer on 39.5 inch swampers and do it all the way across north carolina, getting about 11 mpg. i get 18 around town unloaded.... hope this helps...

i've had no trouble pulling what i want to in mine. i pull a tandem axle trailer with a k5 blazer on 39.5 inch swampers and do it all the way across north carolina, getting about 11 mpg. i get 18 around town unloaded.... hope this helps...

18 around town??

I've been researching this MPG for a while as I'm in the market for an 11 or 12 HD gas.

My impression is 16 mpg is pretty much the high end for unloaded highway??

I thought maybe the 6 speed would help over the previous 4 speed but I guess not?

I call 11 mpg loaded and 18 mpg unloaded HUGE BS. Just took a few hundred mile trip with a very similar load, '08 CC/SB HD with the 6L/6L90/3.73 combo and never got over 8 mpg going 70 mph. Not super impressed and neither is

it's owner.

You can call BS all you want. I'll x2 on the mileage. Geographic location plays a big role in mileage. I pulled my 6500lbs camping trailer to Myrtle beach with my 6.0L 4.10 gears and got between 11-13mpg the entire trip through the flat lands. When in the hills of PA, I got 9-11mpg. :( If you've got alot of up/down travel, obviously the mileage is going to drop but while on the flat land, the 6.0 does fairly well.

Truck build was as I stated and yes while Michigan is slightly hilly, it's nothing that I'd call mountainous what-so-ever. Again, 7.8 mpg. Truck is completely stock minus a set of 265/75R16 BFG tires that the vehicle is programmed for and running the correct tire pressures. We were running 5th gear.

I'd have to ask but with the amount of ear chewing that he has given me about the displeasure that he has with the truck's fuel economy, I'd be willing to bet he's NEVER seen 18, for sure.

Archived