8 lug wheels

C_3

Sorry if this has been touched on before.  I'm a newb, but I used the search and couldn't find anything in 10 pages of results...

I'm thinking of putting the late model OEM polished alum HD wheels on my 2000 2500HD.  Is the 8-lug bolt pattern the same on the newer trucks as the old body style (the 2k 2500HD is old body style) and is the offset correct?  Which lugnuts should I use?  Finally, does anyone have any pictures of such a swap?  I know the 6 lugs work, but I haven't seen or heard anyting on the 8s...

Thanks guys

Cody

2k 2500HD

They fit fine, and look good. You can use either lug nuts, as the thread is the same (M14x1.75). The external thread for mounting the center caps is the same.

The bolt pattern is the same (8x6.5" BC), and the offset looks to be relatively close. I do not know the exact difference in the offset though.

My neighbor had the aluminum ones on ans for some reason changed to the new chrome ones.  Both fit and look good.  They do set inboard a touch but nothing to be worried about.

If you want I could e-mail a pick to you next week.  I don't have access to our camera until Monday.

Do you have the wheels yet?  My '03 will be in next week and I may be doing an immediate wheel and tire upgrade.

I haven't got the wheels yet...I would consider buying wheels and tires for the right price, but I really just need the wheels.  Let me know what you've got and where you are and I'll consider it.  I'd prefer to keep it local-ish...but if anyone's got anything get at me.  Thanks.

If you get a chance, pls post pics here or email to [email protected]

Oh, and I'm in Dallas, TX.

Great link, thanks!  If anyone has any pics of these wheels on the older body style trucks, or links to other take-off wheel places, lemme see 'em!

Thanks, this is turning out to be a pretty good board.

Archived