Gas Price In Your Area

MLawZ71

91 dropped from 4.47 to 4.43 here on Friday. Crammed 10.5 gallons in there quick just in case someone decides to change their mind and jack it back up.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got $4.17 for the cheapest here. and thats if you pay cash. if you use your card its usually 10 cents more

The different cash/credit prices are new to me. I never saw that in NH but it is common here in MI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very common here in Michigan. It's b.s. if you ask me.

What I'm really sick of is the crooks at Mejiers that keep jacking up the price on E-85 because they are the only ones in my city with the stuff. $3.55 a gallon for E-85 and $3.89 a gallon for 87 this past Friday. E-85 WAS $3.35 a gallon just last week but because gas jumped again, and then even came back down, they decided that Ethanol had to jump too. Hello, McFly, the stuff only has at max 30% petroleum products in it therefore, there is no way that it should be spiking with, and near the same $$ amount, as regular gas!! The pricks are going to have an email in their inbox here shortly. :cheers:

Very common here in Michigan. It's b.s. if you ask me.

What I'm really sick of is the crooks at Mejiers that keep jacking up the price on E-85 because they are the only ones in my city with the stuff. $3.55 a gallon for E-85 and $3.89 a gallon for 87 this past Friday. E-85 WAS $3.35 a gallon just last week but because gas jumped again, and then even came back down, they decided that Ethanol had to jump too. Hello, McFly, the stuff only has at max 30% petroleum products in it therefore, there is no way that it should be spiking with, and near the same $$ amount, as regular gas!! The pricks are going to have an email in their inbox here shortly. :cheers:

lol if their the only game in town and people keep playing the game when they raise prices then they will see how far the player will go. On a other note I heard places like esso and petro the main gas station chains did not have control over their price that it was HQ that set it . I am not sure about this tho... It would make sense like how MC Donalds cant raise its price if they are the only burger joint in town in less HQ gave the ok .

I just saw here in Houston, $4.11 per gallon for regular unleaded= 87 octane

That's typically not so good if Texas is that expensive. It usually means that we're heading for about 30 cents more than that, around here in Michigan.

yea it just jumped up to that I believe sat night/sunday morning. Some others are still at $3.97 a gallon. What I dislike is paying for mid grade that use to be only 10 cents higher than regular, and premium was 10 cents higher than mid grade. Now....... its like 20 cents higher for mid grade than regular. :driving:

$4.00 on my way to work today. Last night went past the same gas stations and it was $3.95.....Went up a nickle over night with the same gas in the tanks as the night before????

Must be nice to make billions a year ripping people off.

The way that has been explained to me is, they have to keep adjusting their prices to break even (or make a profit) when they buy their next supply of fuel. If they paid, say, $3.00 per gallon for the gas that's in the tanks now, and when they go to purchase the next tank the price has gone up to $3.50 a gallon, they need to cover their purchase prices.

$4.00 on my way to work today. Last night went past the same gas stations and it was $3.95.....Went up a nickle over night with the same gas in the tanks as the night before????

Must be nice to make billions a year ripping people off.

The way that has been explained to me is, they have to keep adjusting their prices to break even (or make a profit) when they buy their next supply of fuel. If they paid, say, $3.00 per gallon for the gas that's in the tanks now, and when they go to purchase the next tank the price has gone up to $3.50 a gallon, they need to cover their purchase prices.

Not true, fuel that's in the ground today that was bought or hedged at $90 a barrel for example. Oil prices are the driving factor for consumer prices paid at the pump, the other expenses ( refining, additives, transportation, labor ect ) are pretty much a constant. Gas prices rise in almost realtime (in most situations) with the market price of oil, no matter what gas in the ground cost the oil companies to refine. However it NEVER falls with a declining market price at the same pace as it rises. Basically what they do they charge as much as they can when they can. It's one of those evils we have to deal with if we are going to drive vehicles that run on petro based fuels. The only way this will ever change in a free market is if EVERYONE would only drive to work and home and for emergency or extreme needs cases for about a week and clog the supply chain and show them we had restraint, but that will never happen so guess we just suck it up unfortunately. With that said its gonna be sunny and 80 here Saturday so I will be filling up the truck and the boat ...... Burn baby burn

$3.69 here in N Alabama ....... You guys in Canada ouch $5 plus SUCKS!

http://www.gasbuddy....eraturemap.aspx

what urks me is the price in Brent Oil compared to WTI. foreign oil is all sold at Brent Prices which is currently being refined all along the coasts. domestic oil that is transports to landlocked refineries is sold at WTI prices, hence why gas is cheaper in landlocked state. also has to do with the taxes your state charges.

currently Brent prices are at $122, and WTI is at $102 per barrel. the gap used to only be within a couple dollars of each other, but with all the newer technology in drilling and hydraulic fracturing, our domestic supply has increased, hence the lower price for WTI. IMO, the instability in some Middle East countries is the main driver for the high Brent prices. the people out there are drilling just as much as we are at home.

nobody would be complaining if our cars ran on CNG, Natural gas prices are still falling off and are now at $2.14 per MMBTU!!! in Houston right now, CNG is being sold at $2.49 per gallon gas equivalent. in some areas of Oklahoma, it can be found at $1.11 per GGE!!!

Archived