Does The 6.0 Have The Lifter Problem?

My previous truck was an 07 Vmax with the AFM... I did turn it off, but I had no issues with it either way. And zero use of excess oil usage or lifter problems. I traded with 54,000 miles. :thumbs:

Ok I know nothing about the 6.0 but its kinda funny that there arent really issues with the 6.0 but there are with the 5.3. Kinda makes me believe its not AFM related

Ok I know nothing about the 6.0 but its kinda funny that there arent really issues with the 6.0 but there are with the 5.3. Kinda makes me believe its not AFM related

Gee,I've been saying that from the beginning :thumbs:

for those blaming it on AFM, the LSx series motors, which includes all "small block" V8's made by GM from 1999 forward, have been known for oil consumption since 1997 when the first motor went in the Corvette.

My 2008 has this problem. It does not use oil but it has the cold start lifter noise. My dealer has replaced the lifters twice. The second time there was noise all of the time and they also replaced the cam, push rods, rockers, and oil pump. It still makes noise after all of that work. The problem first showed up at 3k miles.

Archived