Does The 6.0 Have The Lifter Problem?

I had an '07 VMax, and my '09 has the 6.0 as well. Both trucks had/have the cold start lifter tick...but neither one used/uses any oil. My '07 had 45k miles when I traded it for my '09, which has around 27k on it now.

Ok I know nothing about the 6.0 but its kinda funny that there arent really issues with the 6.0 but there are with the 5.3. Kinda makes me believe its not AFM related

There are very few 6.0 engine 1500 series trucks out there. Those with 5.3 liter engines probably outnumber them by a factor of 100. So this does not mean they do not have the same issue, it is just fewer people will complain about it.

I had an '07 VMax, and my '09 has the 6.0 as well. Both trucks had/have the cold start lifter tick...but neither one used/uses any oil. My '07 had 45k miles when I traded it for my '09, which has around 27k on it now.

Just noticed some lifter noise after a cold start this AM on my 6.2L.

• 2 years later...

i have a 2007 silverado 4x4 with 6.0 . mine has this problem . just did it again last night . collapsed lifter/ stuck valve for the third time .about to take it back to dealership so they can fix again . sucks !

Don't the 6.0's all have iron blocks, and only some of them have AFM?

And the 5.3's all have AFM, with the ones that are using oil having aluminum blocks?

Which would lend credence to the theory that it's a problem with the piston rings getting messed up and not sealing right in the AFM cylinders in the 5.3L aluminum blocks.

That's just what I was thinking, mav. Iron blocks or not. Even with aluminum blocks, I think they have a steel cylinder sleeve, or some such. I have a very low toleration for oil usage.

Archived