Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

matthulet

2002 Chevy Silverado Engine Swap

Hello, I'm looking to do an engine swap in my truck. I heard that a corvette engine can fit but im not sure whatsize/model corvette engine would fit. Any ideas? or helpful tips? Thanks alot.

Welcome to the site. An Lq4 6.0L would bolt right up, and there wouldn't be much hassle either with the swap. Since everything from the 4.8/5.3/6.0 are interchangeable, all you'd need is a pcm update. :thumbs:

i wanna swap my 4.8 for the 6.0 so bad. the only thing else i heard for that lq4 swap i that they recomend building up your trans or else the motor will go through it like nothing.

you can swap directly from a 4.8, 5.3 and the 6.0 and even the 5.7 LS1 (the "Corvette engine", also used in Camaro, Firebird, GTO)

Any parts that are different from one motor to the other can be salvaged from your original motor and swapped over. This mainly applies to using the LS1, the car motors have a different intake manifold, oil pan and windage tray from the trucks (for lower profile to fit under the hood), but the one from a truck motor will swap right over.

The swap is very straight forward, I've done it with two inexperienced helpers (watched more than helped) in less than a day and a half and I've seen it done by an experienced guy in 2 days.

You can get an iron block 6.0L (go only with aluminum heads, if it has iron heads then it will NOT work) for much cheaper than the 5.7 LS1 aluminum block.

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.