Anyone Elese Getting Water In Their Nnbs Tail Lights?

Anyone elese getting water in their NNBS tail lights? My driver's side tail light housing started getting rather extreme condensation in it. I have to take the light housing off every now and then and pour the water out. I dry it out by attaching a vacume to it to stir up the air flow inside the light. It is to the point that the condensation comes back in a couple of days and has to be poured out at least monthly.

The local dealer said the lense housing couldn't be replaced unless water was pooling inside. They said the condensation isn't good enough of a reason. I consider enough to pour out as pooling. Is it just a case of worn out bulb socket gaskets? The gaskets are a gray spongy material and are intact. I would hate to replace a lense and have them wear at different rates when it was a simple gasket problem.

Are there any aftermarket gaskets that seal better?

Negative. mine is not doing that. how long has it been doing it?

It has been a while. I first noticed it around Christmas. I've been putting it off but it has gotten worse. I figured at first that it was just the season and it would dry out. Mine is driver's side only. It is mostly condensation but a decent bit comes out when you remove it.

I am thinking about asking them for some gaskets first so my tail lights maintain the same amount of oxidation and wear. I don't want one pristine, shiny and new and the other slightly dull.

after the next rain storm: remove tail light, remove bulb, pour water in from bottle, replace bulb, replace tail light, drive to dealership give him the middle finger and tell him to replace it.

after the next rain storm: remove tail light, remove bulb, pour water in from bottle, replace bulb, replace tail light, drive to dealership give him the middle finger and tell him to replace it.

You beat me too it as I was going the say the same thing. Buy dont put too much water in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just a quick follow up to this. I called my local dealer earlier this week after waiting for the water to build up in the tail light really good. They asked me to swing by to let them see it and if it was more than just condensation they would order me a new light assembly. They did agree that it was excessive water.

I took it in today and it was swapped out in about 20 minutes. I made sure to ask the guy to find out if new light socket washers came with the housing so that if it continues I will know what to look at next. When he called me back to say it was finished he told me new sockets, bulbs, washers and the housing were installed so it should never leak again.

I get home and notice that the new light housing looks awful on the body lines. The bottom sticks out nearly 1/4 inch farther than the tailgate. No big deal, I have had this thing off a dozen times pouring out water. I lower the tailgate and look at the screw to discover that I can't adjust it in any farther. It is adjusted as deep as it will go. Great, I trade a tail light housing that has a great fit for one with a crappy fit. Then I see it.

The sockets and washers were not changed. They are the same old dirty sockets and dry washers that have been in there. :lol: Oh, well. At least there will be no more leaking. So I go and pick up some sod for my yard.

After the sod I run the truck through the carwash to get the dirt out of the bed and............there is moisture in the light. It isn't a lot but it is there and just like the last one will get worse. CRAP. The guy stressed when I took it in I only get one shot at fixing the leaking under warranty. Now what?

Now, tomorrow, I want to go get my old well fitting tail light back if they haven't destroyed it, and figure out if they even really changed the washers since the sockets are blatently the same ones. No wonder it was fixed so quickly.

Can any dealers on here tell me what all exactly comes in a replacement tail light kit? Were the sockets really to be replaced or was he blowing smoke up my rear end to comfort me? Did new washers even come with it?

My right rear tail-light lens gets condensation around the back-up lamp. Noticed it for the first time 4-5months ago. Called dealer, and seem to recall that he indicated a new lens is $170. Less than I expected as it is an OEM type of item, but still a lot of jack.

I am out of the bumper-to-bumper... go figure,

I'll swap it out sooner or later.

Man, the more I sit here the more mad I get. I just went down to the dealer's lot and none of the trucks there have a tail light assembly anywhere near as messed up as this thing is. It looks like the red part was glued to the back at the wrong angle making it have a weird arch at the bottom. It will not line up normally. To top it off while looking in it at night the signs of moisture are definately inside. A week from now it will be soaked again. I can't believe they lied about the new gaskets or washers.

Now what to do? If I go back tomorrow they are going to think I am a trouble customer. They are going to want to adjust this lens good enough to please me I am sure but is obviously way off.

I went out and took pictures I am so irritated.

Passenger side rear. Notice how it sits inside the metal fender?

Taillight1.jpg

This is the replaced drivers side. Keep in mind how wide the bumper is for perspective. Even when I force it in and clamp it down with the screw as far as it will go it still has that little swept out flare at the bottom.

Taillight2.jpg

Archived