"park Assist Blocked" Message On Dic

Its a new 2011 LTZ with 590 miles on it and suddenly it shows a message on the DIC that says "park assist blocked see owner's manual". Well....there is nothing in the owner's manual that I can find that addresses the issue or gets the message off of my instrument panel. My rearview camera works, but my backup warning system does not function.

Any ideas?

It is likely dirt or snow or other muck on the sensors. These are the 4 round disc-looking things on the back bumper. And if your manual is the same as the one I have on my laptop, check page 9-77. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has done this twice. One time when i was backing up my trailer i got the dic message. The other time is when it was raining real hard. I leave my trailer hitch on all the time when i dont pull my trailer and never get the message.

• 3 weeks later...
Its a new 2011 LTZ with 590 miles on it and suddenly it shows a message on the DIC that says "park assist blocked see owner's manual". Well....there is nothing in the owner's manual that I can find that addresses the issue or gets the message off of my instrument panel. My rearview camera works, but my backup warning system does not function.

Any ideas?

Well mine is doing this too so that's how I found this forum. I tell you I'll be severely disappointed if I cannot leave my locked hitch in my truck receiver because of this programming done by GM. I can understand if I have a trailer plugged into the harness, but just the hitch seems extreme. Additionally, I don't like the fact that the warning message goes off everytime I have dropped below 25mph and then accelerate past 25mph.

Well mine is doing this too so that's how I found this forum. I tell you I'll be severely disappointed if I cannot leave my locked hitch in my truck receiver because of this programming done by GM. I can understand if I have a trailer plugged into the harness, but just the hitch seems extreme. Additionally, I don't like the fact that the warning message goes off everytime I have dropped below 25mph and then accelerate past 25mph.

It will and the reason for it going off at the speeds that does is because that is when the module "resets" and looks for it again.

BTW gentlemen, the park assist system can be shut off, at your request, at your dealer, if you really don't even want it. I didn't check one of the option boxes on my '11 because it came with park assist and considering that I've been driving a truck almost everyday sense I was 16, and I haven't backed into anything yet, I'll take my chances without having it on my new one. :jester:

BTW gentlemen, the park assist system can be shut off, at your request, at your dealer, if you really don't even want it. I didn't check one of the option boxes on my '11 because it came with park assist and considering that I've been driving a truck almost everyday sense I was 16, and I haven't backed into anything yet, I'll take my chances without having it on my new one. :jester:

I'm with you on that one. Next time I go to the dealer I think I'll have it disabled since I really don't trust the beeping anyways.

Archived