Retrax Bed Cover

nate1dawgg

I purchased a Retrax locking bed cover within a month of purchasing my truck and love it. My old man has one on his '07 2500 and I wanted to get one for my truck. My dad and I installed it our selves and it took maybe an hour. The kit came with everything needed for the install. My dad also had a problem with someone trying to break into his and it really damaged it up. After contacting Retrax, although they didn't give him a free replacement, they did give him one at an extreme discount (like 75%-80% off). They're great covers and take up maybe about 6-8" of bed space, but are well worth the money.

I purchased a Retrax locking bed cover within a month of purchasing my truck and love it. My old man has one on his '07 2500 and I wanted to get one for my truck. My dad and I installed it our selves and it took maybe an hour. The kit came with everything needed for the install. My dad also had a problem with someone trying to break into his and it really damaged it up. After contacting Retrax, although they didn't give him a free replacement, they did give him one at an extreme discount (like 75%-80% off). They're great covers and take up maybe about 6-8" of bed space, but are well worth the money.

Been thinking about buying one for a while. Do you have any pictures of the damaged one,or the one on your truck?. Did they succeed at getting into the bed? How about leakage? And were does the water accumulate when they leak?

Don't have any pictures of the damaged one, and it had been pried enough where someone could get it, but it had to have taken time to do that. I have one picture of the cover, check out my garage, I can take more if you'd like. I haven't had any problems with leakage, it's a pretty tight seal all the way around. The "container" that it rolls in to has two drain tubes in the bottom that you just connect to the drain plugs in the bottom of the bed. I did have to drill a second drain plug in the bed of the truck on the passenger side, since there is only the one on the driver's side.

Archived