How-To: GMT900 Tow Mirror Install.

MikeNH

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Great thread!

Need some help,

Just purchased an '11 2500HD Work Truch with the "SEO" power windows and mirrors option, no heat, and no current turn signal. I want to go camper mirrors, and retain the power functionality, there is a set on GM parts direct with power and heat. Part# ends in 35 as indicated here. Will these work, if not which part # in the GM parts direct accessory catalog online will work? I guess just comes down to having then correct harness, my controls are identical to that in an LT with power windows and mirrors, if that helps.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Great Write Up!

going to order GM OEM mirrors this week, but does anyone have pics of what the look like on a regular cab 1500?

Whant to see what it looks like.

i can only image the increased vision you get, the mirror looks so much larger than the stock ones.

googled the crap out of it and only found 2500 pics.

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very Helpful information!! Thanks for posting that(Though it was done long before I bought my truck!) Now I am wondering if I have the turn signal already there in the wiring harness, my Mirrors are powered, they do not have the heat option. But is the turn signal power already there? I have not opened my Mirrors yet, I could swap them out I suppose.

i just ordered a pair of off brand GM tow mirrors for about 165 on ebay. they are power and heated. i couldnt resist, thats an amazing deal. hopefully they work and the quality is good, they look exactly the same in the pictures.

i would check ebay and amazon if you dont want to spend a fortune on mirrors.

does anyone know if installing to mirrors on a GMT800 is easy?

I did it. Pull the sail panel off the door. Then pull that little panel where the inside door handle is. There's a small screw on the bottom of the door panel take that out and lift out the cubbyhole storage. Take out the light from the Lens. Flat head screw driver to pop the door lock slide off. Then lift the door panel up a little and pull out. The mirrors are plugged into where the window switches are. Easy with 2 people because someone can hold the panel while you mess with wires or bolt the mirror.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Nice write up! After reading this, I went ahead and installed tow mirrors on my 2008 Silverado 3500 LTZ. I only had 3 bolts to remove, and your post really helped me get through this upgrade with no problems. The only thing I would add, is that on my truck, the three bolts each screwed into a metal clip that provided the threads. After re-assembling my first door panel, the bolts would not screw into the door because two of the clips had slipped and were no longer lined up with the holes. I had to remove the door panel again, and put a little tape on the clips to hold them in place while I installed the door panels.

Also, I did not have turn signals on my original mirrors (power only), but the tow mirrors I bought have the turn signals and they work great!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived