2005 Silverado Recall Letter From Gm

the letter says it involves certain 2005 model year silverados

equipped with manual/AC or heater only systems

"the vehicle may have a condition where the interface between the electrical terminals

of the blower motor relay resistor module and the associated wiring connector

may be incapable of conducting higher current levels for sustained periods of blower motor operation.In addition,moisture and other contaminants such as road de-icing materials may enter the fresh air intake plenum and contact the internal circuit of the module or corrode the terminals.Either of the above may cause the blower motor relay resistor module or wiring connector to overheat resulting in one or more of the following symptoms: The Blower motor may not function at all speed settings

A burning plastic smell or smoke may be present in the vehicle

The HVAC blower may run continuously after the vehicle is turned off"

"They recomend not idling the truck for extended periods with the blower running on high

or leaving it running unattended

they are working with there suppliers to obtain the parts to correct this condition

as quickly as possible ,when parts become available they will advise with a second letter

and that they have taken this action in the interest of safety and continued satisfaction

with there products"

I can say we just went through one of the longest coldest winters I can remember

in Canada and my heater motor ran alot and I have had no problem so this may be

just a precaution, but I wanted to know if any of the guys in the US have had this done already or heard about it

interesting...brownie points to GM for issueing possible help for 6 year olds trucks but it raises the question of why is it it only 2005 trucks? what about 2003s,2004s and 2006s?

Thanks for all the Replies Guys

I always check here first for a reason when it comes to my trucks

and I agree I think its great that they give us the heads up even 6 years later

maybe its only the trucks built for Canada . Mine was built at the Michigan plant

according to my vin but I am going to talk to my local dealer and see what he knows or will tell me

I will post what I find out

Archived