Silverado Factory Alarm Problems

I have a 2001 Silverado that is giving me trouble. When leaving work the other day the the remote would not unlock the drivers side door, when I used the key to unlock the door the alarm went off and would not reset. The truck would not start ( I assume from the fuel pump being disable by the anti-theft system) What I noticed is the driver's side door will lock with the remote, but will not unlock ( the passengar fine is working fine) Am I correct in thinking that since the door will not unlock the keyless entry system ( on the actuator) is sending a singal that the truck is being broke into? I tried to put in in valet mode, but the alarm will jsut keep going oof. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2001 Silverado that is giving me trouble. When leaving work the other day the the remote would not unlock the drivers side door, when I used the key to unlock the door the alarm went off and would not reset. The truck would not start ( I assume from the fuel pump being disable by the anti-theft system) What I noticed is the driver's side door will lock with the remote, but will not unlock ( the passengar fine is working fine) Am I correct in thinking that since the door will not unlock the keyless entry system ( on the actuator) is sending a singal that the truck is being broke into? I tried to put in in valet mode, but the alarm will jsut keep going oof. Any help would be appreciated.....

Welcome to the site!! First off, when you lock with the remote and use the key to get back in, the truck alarm goes off because it did not get a disarm signal from the key fob. The problem with the driver's door locking but then not unlocking sound like you just have a bad lock solenoid and not an issue with the remote system. Not sure on a 2001, but on the later years, if the alarm is going off you just put the key into the ignition and start the truck. Check the owner's manual on that one or somebody that has experience with your year will chime in with the correction if it's not the case.

Thank you for the reply..I tried to just use the key to start the truck , but with the alarm going off ( from reading in the owners manual) I think it has shut off the fuel supply. I tried setting the valet, but that did not work either...very frustrating.

th

I have a 2001 Silverado that is giving me trouble. When leaving work the other day the the remote would not unlock the drivers side door, when I used the key to unlock the door the alarm went off and would not reset. The truck would not start ( I assume from the fuel pump being disable by the anti-theft system) What I noticed is the driver's side door will lock with the remote, but will not unlock ( the passengar fine is working fine) Am I correct in thinking that since the door will not unlock the keyless entry system ( on the actuator) is sending a singal that the truck is being broke into? I tried to put in in valet mode, but the alarm will jsut keep going oof. Any help would be appreciated.....

Welcome to the site!! First off, when you lock with the remote and use the key to get back in, the truck alarm goes off because it did not get a disarm signal from the key fob. The problem with the driver's door locking but then not unlocking sound like you just have a bad lock solenoid and not an issue with the remote system. Not sure on a 2001, but on the later years, if the alarm is going off you just put the key into the ignition and start the truck. Check the owner's manual on that one or somebody that has experience with your year will chime in with the correction if it's not the case.

Finally got my truck fixed...., turned out it was the BCM. Everything is working great now.

Thank you for the reply..I tried to just use the key to start the truck , but with the alarm going off ( from reading in the owners manual) I think it has shut off the fuel supply. I tried setting the valet, but that did not work either...very frustrating.

th

Archived