Lift Kits For 2007 Gmc 2500 Hd

I own a 2007 GMC 2500 HD with the new body style but it has the classic suspension. I'm looking for advice or suggestions on what is the best suspension lift kit on the market, hopefully just a bolt on application with no cutting or welding needed. I'm looking to run 35" tires. I've been told a 6" lift would work. I've also been told that the best kit is Pro Comp, then another told me Fabtech, then another said RCD and yet another said Cognito. I realize everyone has their individual prefernce, but I haven't heard any two agree. What's the real scoop? I'd prefer a lift kit that is manufactured in the US, but don't want to break the bank. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lift advice usually comes from, "I have it and it's great." People will generally say that their lift is great even if it's not so great. Now from what you've been told all are good lifts. BDS and Fabtech are two of my favorites, and likely the two I would choose from on a HD. I recenlty looked at a 2011 HD with the BDS kit and the kit looked great. Now if money isn't an issue, then Cognito would be the way to go.

Be careful when budget shopping for a suspension system though. I learned that hard way that cheaper usually = problems. Expect to spend $2000 - $2500 for the lift/installation.

Thanks, the Cognito seemed to be priced about the same as the rest that I mentioned. I'll look into the BDS. If they are comparatively priced you feel the Cognito is better than than the BDS?

Be careful when pricing Cognito kits on the net and pay attention to what's offered for the price. Most times what you see is the front box kit, which includes MOST of the front end parts only.

Archived