Turn Off Traction Control And Stabilitrak

Does anyone know how to disable the traction control and stabilitrak controls? They are worthless in my truck. Actually more of a danger hazzard than anything else. I want to turn them off permamently not just push the button. Any help would be great! Thanks guysI can take my foot off the gas just as easy as the computer but the computer is a lot slower.

Does anyone know how to disable the traction control and stabilitrak controls? They are worthless in my truck. Actually more of a danger hazzard than anything else. I want to turn them off permamently not just push the button. Any help would be great! Thanks guysI can take my foot off the gas just as easy as the computer but the computer is a lot slower.

Not that I am condoning it, but just pull the fuse.

will that disable the abs as well? i heard that pulling the fuse will take out the traction crap but abs? i guess i am still old school... i dont like any of the new car computer controls at all. why they would put traction control on a 4x4 is beyond me??? a car sure a truck why? thanks buddy

why they would put traction control on a 4x4 is beyond me???

I see you do not live in a cold climate (snow/ice) area. It is definitely a great safety feature during winter. Yes it reduces the fun but it has saved us (wifes Tahoe and my truck) a few times from losing control.

yeah... it is great for snow but here in Texas it is just hot and useless. i don't mind it dropping power for a second but it then drags out slowly picking up speed mean while you are in traffic and cars barreling down on you and the darn thing takes it time to get back up to speed. thot might be something wrong but dealer told me 3x's that's how it works. i will try to pull fuse idea and see how that works.

will that disable the abs as well? i heard that pulling the fuse will take out the traction crap but abs? i guess i am still old school... i dont like any of the new car computer controls at all. why they would put traction control on a 4x4 is beyond me??? a car sure a truck why? thanks buddy

Im 100% with you, and I live in northern Alberta, we get real snow and ice up here. Traction control/stability control/ABS.....blah blah blah.....is useless in these kind of conditions. My fiances Jeep has these and I dont know how many times Ive had to hit the off button in a panick because the bitch wouldnt turn left through an intersection on ice. These controls are fine for young inexperienced drivers but for me, I have 4x4 and good tires, Ill sort it out myself. Its these kind of nanny systems that are breeding the worst drivers who think the vehicle will bend the laws of physics to save their stupid asses. Dont know how many women/rednecks/teenagers Ive pulled out of the ditch who have said "but I have 4x4 and traction control, I dont know why i lost control..."

Pulling the fuse will disable abs, traction and stability control.

will it cause the truck to go into any sort of limp-mode?

Not that I am aware of other than having to stare at those lights/messages on all the time in the dash.

I totally agree that the car manufacturers are making drivers dumb and lazy. How hard is it to park your car? now they do it for you. whats next?? while sitting on the sofa and you need to shit push a button and a tube probes your ass and sucks it out?!! and yet the folks or the new generation want to ban fast food because the kids are getting fat. its not the fast foods fault it is the parents lazy ass fault. when i was a kid we played until it was dark and burned energy now kids just sit and watch video games all day or tv. now it is bleeding over into the cars. it has become a sad place to live.

Im 100% with you, and I live in northern Alberta, we get real snow and ice up here. Traction control/stability control/ABS.....blah blah blah.....is useless in these kind of conditions. My fiances Jeep has these and I dont know how many times Ive had to hit the off button in a panick because the bitch wouldnt turn left through an intersection on ice. These controls are fine for young inexperienced drivers but for me, I have 4x4 and good tires, Ill sort it out myself. Its these kind of nanny systems that are breeding the worst drivers who think the vehicle will bend the laws of physics to save their stupid asses. Dont know how many women/rednecks/teenagers Ive pulled out of the ditch who have said "but I have 4x4 and traction control, I dont know why i lost control..."

• Like 1

I totally agree that the car manufacturers are making drivers dumb and lazy. How hard is it to park your car? now they do it for you. whats next?? while sitting on the sofa and you need to shit push a button and a tube probes your ass and sucks it out?!! and yet the folks or the new generation want to ban fast food because the kids are getting fat. its not the fast foods fault it is the parents lazy ass fault. when i was a kid we played until it was dark and burned energy now kids just sit and watch video games all day or tv. now it is bleeding over into the cars. it has become a sad place to live.

Its this whole problem of no one have personal responsibility anymore. You go to fast on a icy/wet/dark/muddy road and hit a tree, its the cars fault because youre an idiot. The self parking cars really scare me, parallel parking used to be a fine art now, no one is going to be able to do it without their car being on auto pilot. I remember watching a woman trying to parallel park a Yukon/Tahoe for about 15 minutes into a spot big enough for light aircraft to take off in, the whole bar patio I was on gave her a slow clap after she parked very crooked and walked away crying out of frustration.

Amen buddy! That is exactly right. The clowns of today just whine about everything until they get their way. That is funny she couldn't park the Yukon. I will say that most women cant park anyway so i will have to give it to her. Now a guy i know on the other hand bought one of those new Lexus that parks itself and i had to go up to him and take his "man card' away from him. Told him he could get it back when he bought a regular car and can park it himself. i am not a true believer in the "fly by wire" technology. look at Toyota and the run away gas pedal. as long as i have been alive i can not ever remember a throttle cable on multiple cars getting stuck like that. but what kills me is like you said no one will take responsibility for their own stupidity. like those people that "died' from the run away gas pedal and sued Toyota. gee... common sense would tell me to turn off the key! problem solved! like that moron in California where the highway patrol car had to slow down his Toyota. he said and i quote "i couldn't get the car to stop using the breaks".. well if I were the cop i would have told him he was a moron for not turning off the key. oh well... i guess that is what we have to look forward to these days. i will be happy to just turn off my traction/stabil crap. i got rid of my avalanche cause it had all sorts of electronic issues. i got this gmc w/ the simple turn of the knob controls. no fancy up/dwn temps or nav to mess w/.

The toyata thing is really hilarious, put it in neutral, brake the car normally. Or shut the key off like you said. Yeah, personal responsibility is something that no one has these days, thats why I love the websites with the funny warning labels like, dont sleep with hair curlers in, dont use hairdryer in the shower, dont use hands to slow cahinsaw blade down.....and so forth. Amen to no electronic nannies.

Disabling the traction control will not decrease the long slow power lag. That is a ECM programming characteristic. Get a Blackbear tune if you want that fixed.