Not Shifting Out Of 1st Code P0700

2001 Sierra 2500 HD truck 130K miles 4X4 used for plowing.

So a friend of mine lent me his truck. It ran good for four halls, all light stuff and the 5 th time the CEL came and gave me a P0700 code. It now clucks when I shift into drive and does not want to shift out of first.

It runs OK and all BUT not shift.

Any help would be GREAT. Thanks

The owner said it was the heavy duty trans and it has a 8 cyl gas motor

Where would I find more info on the transmission model?

Thanks

Which transmission is in the truck? Is the motor a diesel?

--Mike

Funny cause every time i post somthing 2x everyone flips on me but. I JUST had this problem with my truck over the winter, it happens when the sensor gets wet idk its some trans control sensor your going to have someone replace it so just take it to the dealership or your favored mechanic since you already know the code it shouldnt be a problem (Also at the same time my Cam position sensor went so have them check that too)

-Kurt

P.S if you search the forum you might find my post i think i made it back in January idk if it still exists but just go have it checked out cause i did just that and its Fine Now i had the exact same problem it would not shift out of first and somtimes it wouldn't shift past third or fourth i think it may have disabled my overdrive and basicly put me in Gear 3 or tow/haul mode

Archived