How Do I Tell If My Denali Is Awd?

ZK686

Question

Do the Yukon Denali's all come with AWD?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but we were told ours was, but it doesn't say anything about it in the manuel.

Is there a button or something that would confirm that our '08 Denali is AWD?

Thanks!

Doesn't all wheel drive mean you can't turn it off? If you can't turn it off, no need for a button? What year Denali do you have? Did you buy it new? If you did not buy it new, is it possible you merely have a "sticker" Denali?

Also, it's the 6.2L... turn traction control off and see if you can lite up the tires? I know mine will on command, but its not AWD. I wanted the SLT so I had selectable 4x4 and could get the 3.73's. :flag:

Denali is all wheel drive, only way they come.......................No button or anything because it can't be turned on or off, its all wheel drive meaning all 4 wheels are powering all the time.

Sierra Denali AWD

Yukon Denali AWD

Yukon Denal XL AWD

Escalade AWD

Btw-My 2009 Cadillac CTS4 is all wheel drive

Edited by elcamino

Denali is all wheel drive, only way they come

You can get either 2wd or awd on a Denali.

This is why I'm confused. It's an '08, we bought it used (although it was in immaculate condition with only 30,000 miles...) and we were told by the dealership it was AWD...meaning all four tires turn, so we wouldn't need chains if we went to the snow, or can do a little "off roading" if we'd like.

But I can't find anything that says it's AWD....and the dealership is saying that it "automatically" kicks in to AWD when it needs to...

WTF? It'd be nice to know whether or not it has it before I decide to load my family up and drive to the snow.

I guess I can call GM Coorporate and give them the VIN number??

Did you read any of the posts above :)

You can figure it out in 2 seconds if you look under the front for a Differential housing. If you want to run your vin number, you can do it here

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

It will tell you every option your Denali has including AWD or not.

The only thing on my CTS that gives a clue to it being AWD is the +4 in the CTS+4 emblem on rear deck lid. Nothing inside the car or anywhere says awd.

You can PM me the complete VIN and I will run a check to see what it says

Also check the 5th character in the VIN, if a 4wd or AWD it will be the letter K. 2wd will be a C

Edited by elcamino

The same fellar I see do something that makes me facepalm today will look and me and shake his head tomorrow. If he knew to look for a front diff don't you believe he would have already? Anyone posting remarks could post a picture describing said diff. Or advise the guy to Google front diff 2008 Denali. A more important note is just because it's AWD doesn't make it invincible to snow, ice, or any other road condition for that matter. I'd prefer the AWD, 6.2 and 410 or 430 gears opposed to 373 or 342... Then again I drive a slt..... A 2004 SLT LOL!