Well there is a Z71 suspension pkg and a Z71 Appearance Pkg (which you have to have the suspension pkg to get)

WEA Appearance pkg - Includes Unique Badging & Front Bumper, Color-Keyed Door Handles, Front Fog Lights, Color-Keyed Grille w/Chrome Inserts, P265/65R18 On-Off Road BSW Tires, Rancho Shock Absorbers, Chrome Tow Hooks & Aluminum Wheels.

(N/A Work Truck, LS, XFE or Hybrid) (N/A w/Chrome Essentials Pkg-PDV, Bumper Pkg-VXN, Tires-QU1, QVL, QMG or QMH, Mirrors-DPN, Wheels-S83 or Tow Hooks-V76) (N/A w/White Diamond Tricoat Ed-PDP on LT) (Req's Trailering Equipment-Z82, Suspension Pkg-Z71 & Black-41U, Gray-GGW, Granite Blue-46U, Red-74U, Silver-GGZ or White 50U Exterior Color)

Z71 Suspension Pkg - Includes High Capacity Air Cleaner, Badging, Off-Road Jounce Bumpers, Skid Plates & Front Tow Hooks.

(N/A Work Truck, LS, XFE or Hybrid) (N/A w/Chrome Essentials Pkg-PDV, Wheels-S83, Trailering Pkg-NHT or L20 4.8L Engine) (N/A w/White Diamond Tricoat Ed-PDP on LTZ) (Req's Tires-QJM, QJP, QXN, QXR or QXQ & Wheels-P46 or N87 on LT) (Req's Wheels-N87 & Tires-QXN or QXQ on LTZ)

Z71 appearance package or Z71 off road package?

The Z71® Appearance Package, available on Extended Cab Standard Box and Crew Cab™ Short

Box models, includes body-color front bumper lower and center sections with body-color end

caps, a body-color grille with chrome insert, unique Z71 decals, bright door sill plates, chrome recovery

hooks, body-color outside mirrors and door handles and fog lamps. 18" aluminum

wheels and 18" tires and front and rear Rancho® shocks raise the Z71 performance level even higher.

or

Z71® Off-Road Package lets your Silverado® take it in stride. It includes 46mm high-pressure gas-charged shocks, a 36mm front stabilizer bar and off-road jounce bumpers to absorb large suspension inputs. When youre really into the deep stuff, the included Skid Plate Package is there to protect the truck undercarriage from rocks and debris. This package also includes an off-road air cleaner. front recovery hooks and Z71 decals on the rear quarter panels let everyone know your pickup is up to the challenge. In order to choose this feature, you also need to add: -Air cleaner, high-capacitySkid Plate Package

Well, I don't understand then I guess. Mine is a Z71 4x4 and it didn't have color matched door handles/mirrors. And didn't have rancho shocks. I know one difference is the shocks and skid plates are part of the z71 package.

Well, I don't understand then I guess. Mine is a Z71 4x4 and it didn't have color matched door handles/mirrors. And didn't have rancho shocks. I know one difference is the shocks and skid plates are part of the z71 package.

Beause you dont have the WEA Z71 appearance pkg option.

i believe it has the tow package and some plates under the truck

The Z71 has nothing to do with the tow pkg :)

Correct me if Im wrong.

Now I dont know about the 900 series, but I know on trucks made 2007.5 or earlier, the Z71 package included everything available with the towing package. It wasnt labled as a "tow package" but the Z71 package included a trans cooler, receiver hitch, etc.

• 1 month later...

just out of curiosity, is there a ride height difference in a GMT900 2wd w/ and w/o the z71 suspension package?

• 4 weeks later...
Not 100% sure, but I believe the difference would come from the larger tires.

I've got 17's, not 18's. I only ask because my brother's 4x4 Sierra at least appears to sit lower than my 2wd Z71 Silverado. Same size tires, same year.

2011's sit higher than 2010 or below. My 11 was close to 2" taller than my 07 was :) And basically they were the same truck.

these're both 11's

the appearance pack is was only available in 2010 and 2011 i think, the Z71 has nothing to do with towing like said above it was the Z82. i had a 99 Z71 newer body style it was a reg cab 4.8 with a 5 speed and no hitch full power it was a special order

Archived