2006 Yukon Battery Dies. Mbec Fuse Draw

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ColeTrains03

ColeTrains03

Enthusiast

• 235 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Ok guys my uncle called me tonight and said his 2006 Yukon had a dead battery. So he charged it and started it up. Disconnected the battery and ran a bunch of checks to find the draw on the system. He started pulling fuses until the battery stopped draining. He got to the MBEC fuse(50A) and the draw stopped. Well he tested it out and with the key off and it's getting 1.5 amps draw constantly and every 6-7 seconds it jumps to 9.5 amps draw. Looking for directions to be pointed and look into ~Cole~

Posted Image

#2 desrtrat

desrtrat

Enthusiast

• 998 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

check under the drivers seat for any damaged wires. also check if the seat heaters come on when you get a high draw. you could also have a bad relay in the Mbec panel.. Googel

good luck

#3 ColeTrains03

ColeTrains03

Enthusiast

• 235 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

Quick update. i guess the windows on the passangers side don't work at all. Not sure on the locks and stuff

Posted Image

#4 5Alive

5Alive

Enthusiast

• 105 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

If he has Automatic Climate Control with digital display and separate driver and passenger temperature control, then know that about half the current draw you are measuring (.7 amps) is keeping that Auto HVAC module alive. GM technical service manuals state that this is normal, and the current draw continues for as much as 3-4 hours after last key off.

I'm not saying that is all of your problem, but I am saying that if you have Auto Climate control, a half amp drain is normal for up to 4 hours. Also, if there is Onstar in the vehicle, there is some parasitic drain for that module that may remain for up to 48 hours (not sure the exact time... it is published somewhere in GM materials, but I forget exactly how long)

Quick update. i guess the windows on the passangers side don't work at all. Not sure on the locks and stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users