Front Speakers Not Working

Choprdoc

Question

Just noticed while I was backing up that I could hardly hear my back up sensor. Well both my front speakers are not working, just the tweeters. Then driving down the road I could tell they came on for a minute but quit again. 08 silverado lt, non boise, Any ideas?

0 answers to this question

[quote name='Choprdoc' post='1185887' date='Jul 16 2011, 09:48 PM'][quote name='NadieLite' post='1185831' date='Jul 16 2011, 03:06 PM']Mine did the exact same thing on just the driver door speaker. I pulled the panel off twice trying to find a short and nothing helped. When replacing the speaker I left the radio on and the new speaker fixes the problem.

Anyways its just a good reason to upgrade from the crappy paper speakers.[/quote]

Matt, thanks again for your help. Went with a set of kenwood 3-ways that Best Buy had. Everything is working good. Guess they have been out for a while and I just did not realise it. Thanks again.
[/quote]
I had the same problem....probably got the same Kenwoods you got....didn't think it would work....but these guys here rarely miss

Its the speakers, you have to replace them. This is a very common problem so do a search for more info.

I replaced all mine with Infinity, look at my garage for details.

[quote name='NadieLite' post='1185809' date='Jul 16 2011, 01:15 PM']Its the speakers, you have to replace them. This is a very common problem so do a search for more info.

I replaced all mine with Infinity, look at my garage for details.[/quote]

So you think both front speakers went out at the same time and they both come on at the same time?

Well both of them won't go off at the same time, but you need to make sure by adjust the fade and balence to each speaker.

The driver door speaker is the only one that chimes, so if that speaker goes off you won't have any chimes for seatbelt or door open.

[quote name='NadieLite' post='1185823' date='Jul 16 2011, 02:03 PM']Well both of them won't go off at the same time, but you need to make sure by adjust the fade and balence to each speaker.

The driver door speaker is the only one that chimes, so if that speaker goes off you won't have any chimes for seatbelt or door open.[/quote]
Thanks for your help. I did another search just for speakers have been doing some reading. When I get off this afternoon I am going to pull the for panels off and check for voltage and open wires. If that checks good will go get another set of speakers.
I doubled checked and both front dore speakers are not working but the tweeters are,

Mine did the exact same thing on just the driver door speaker. I pulled the panel off twice trying to find a short and nothing helped. When replacing the speaker I left the radio on and the new speaker fixes the problem.

Anyways its just a good reason to upgrade from the crappy paper speakers.

[quote name='NadieLite' post='1185831' date='Jul 16 2011, 03:06 PM']Mine did the exact same thing on just the driver door speaker. I pulled the panel off twice trying to find a short and nothing helped. When replacing the speaker I left the radio on and the new speaker fixes the problem.

Anyways its just a good reason to upgrade from the crappy paper speakers.[/quote]

Matt, thanks again for your help. Went with a set of kenwood 3-ways that Best Buy had. Everything is working good. Guess they have been out for a while and I just did not realise it. Thanks again.

I myself am having this problem. Ive noticed since I bought the truck sometimes my chime goes from loud to quiet. Tonight I was messing with the fade n balance and both my front speakers are not working so is there anything special that is needed for changing speakers? Its a 2007 Crew Cab LT NNBS. Searched n noticed this is a common problem.

Also what is the best size? Im checking around and seein 5 1/4 to 6 1/2

Archived