99' Silverado Headlight Will Not Shut Off During The Day.

Is it easy to get to it in the dash?

Never changed one in a full size.... couple s-10s and they were quite easy.

Or you could just enjoy not having to change the drl bulbs....

Jbo

Is it easy to get to it in the dash?

Never changed one in a full size.... couple s-10s and they were quite easy.

Or you could just enjoy not having to change the drl bulbs....

Jbo

I used this procedure that I found on another forum. Works great , otherwise you have to take the dash apart to change that stupid sensor. I like controlling my lights manually much better. ;-)

To disable the auto headlights you need a 1.5K ohm resistor 1/2 watt(Radio Shack) and 2 Scotchlok Tap Connectors (Walmart).

First locate the Body Control Module (BCM) which is under the dash, below the steering column. Laying on the floor, this should be visible without removing any dash panels. You should find a purple connector (C3). Unplug it.

Locate the white and gray wires (A4 and A6). I don't remember if white is A4 and gray is A6 or vice versa. It doesn't matter anyway. BTW - there are two gray wires in the connector. The one you want is the one farthest away from the white wire.

A4 is the gray wire.

Tap the gray wire from the plug (C3) to one end of the resistor and the white wire to the other end. You don't need to cut the wires. Make sure you tape up all wires to prevent a short. You should now have a gray wire coming from C3 tapped to one lead of the resistor and the white wire from C3 tapped to the other resistor lead *. Plug C3 back into the BCM. Start the truck and make sure the lights are off. Throw a dark towel or something over the light sensor on the dash and verify the lights stay off. Try your light switch that has probably never been used and that's it! Takes about 5 minutes.

*You can add a switch here if you want. Just connect one end of the resistor to one of the wires in the connector (doesn't matter which one) and the other end of the resistor to one side of the switch. Then connect a wire from the other side of the switch to the other wire in the connector. This will allow you to turn Twilight Mode on and off, however there will be some delay because the bcm only checks the sensor every 30 seconds

Image2.gif

• 2 years later...

I have the same issues so now I turn my low beams off manually every day. Ideally I would like to have my drl's back but I don't want to dig into the dash.

Removing the dash cover is nothing

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem. The four button push on the dome light override doesn't do anything. Changed the sensor in the dash. No change. Did the resistor jumper and now I have to turn them on manual. My question is what is bad. Why won't they shit off.

Archived