Fitting 35 Inch Tires

Jgwentworth

Hello, I have a 2007 chevy silverado 2500 hd new body style and I am trying to get 35s on the truck. With a 3 inch body lift would they be able to fit the 35s with 17 inch rims depending on the offset and backspacing? 33's are on it currently with only minor rubbing on the torsion bar.

I am probably going with a Pro comp wheel 17x9 looks like its a 4.75 backspacing with -6 mm offset. I am not sure what backspacing or offset is needed. I recently found a post a guy with a 2500hd GMC 2007 who was able to fit 35 inch tires on with only his torsion bars turned up and longer shocks added and only needed minor trimming on the inner fender liners.

I am probably going with a Pro comp wheel 17x9 looks like its a 4.75 backspacing with -6 mm offset. I am not sure what backspacing or offset is needed. I recently found a post a guy with a 2500hd GMC 2007 who was able to fit 35 inch tires on with only his torsion bars turned up and longer shocks added and only needed minor trimming on the inner fender liners.

What were the wheel specs? That makes a big difference. Also, just in case you haven't seen any, body lifts don't look so hot on HD's. The amount of frame that will be showing is quite a bit.

I've read too much about how much more stress it puts and how bad of a ride it is. With the leveling kit it relocates the front shocks to help with the ride.

You didn't read enough :D

The "leveling keys" put exactly the same stress and result in the same exact bad ride. They just lighten up your wallet some. ONLY reason to ever put keys on is IF you can't get the height you want from the stock keys and want to crank further.

Edit: which, by the way, means that leveling keys actually result in MORE stress and WORSE ride than the stock keys will allow.

I've read too much about how much more stress it puts and how bad of a ride it is. With the leveling kit it relocates the front shocks to help with the ride.

You didn't read enough :D

The "leveling keys" put exactly the same stress and result in the same exact bad ride. They just lighten up your wallet some. ONLY reason to ever put keys on is IF you can't get the height you want from the stock keys and want to crank further.

Edit: which, by the way, means that leveling keys actually result in MORE stress and WORSE ride than the stock keys will allow.

And, you dont need the shock extensions if you stick to a reasonable lift with the stock keys.

Someone is blowing smoke up your shorts to get you to buy all the extra stuff you dont need.

Archived