Truck Pull Techniques

renegadeking

hey guys. i have a buddy with a mid 1990's yukon 6'' lift and 35''s. He wants me and him to enter our small town truck pull. see my sig. for my truck info. We know we won't win we are just entering to have some laughs a good time and see what our trucks can do. considering that both of us have never been in a truck pull and don't want to embarrass our selfs, we are in need of some good techniques to help us pull as far as we can. any help will be appreciated.

thanks for the future help guys.

Best thing I can recommend other than power adders of course is front end weight and lowering the front down a little bit where the cv axles are just about horizontal. Also avoids potential tie rod damage. In the rear, bags of sand in the bed and springs clamps work real well.

Dont forget to air the tires down some. As for your buddy with the lift and 35s chances are he wont get far due to him pulling up on the sled and unloading the frontend and losing traction. Try to get some weight in the front or have a fat buddy sit on the hood. :lol:

If you notice the truck pullers even the 4x4 trucks all have the rear up so when they pull the sled will drop the rear and the truck will be level for the pull.

get that hitch as high as possible...the clubs around here run them at 26 inches from the ground. So try to meet that height or higher if they allow it. and deffinatly weight like the previous posts said. more on the drivers side if possible.

• 1 month later...

so have you pulled yet? i want a vid, or atleast tell us how it went. if you haven't pulled, just put it in 4 lo and drop it into 1st. the last thing you want is for your truck to shift to second right before the weight hits the end of the sled :thumbs:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Truck pull techniques ............... = how to ruin your truck. Wish I had the money to take a truck and wreck it . I dont understand why people take their 40 thousand plus $ trucks and have a who has the biggest D=====ick match with them. Spend that amount of time with your penis out with other guys sooner or later your going to get broken/raped. lol. I would assume insurance does not cover things like that .

I don't understand it either but they sure are fun to watch. So I'm glad other people don't mind pushing their vehicles to the limit. It's not really that much different than dropping a bunch of money into a car and taking it to the drag strip. So to the OP, post up a video already...

I don't understand it either but they sure are fun to watch. So I'm glad other people don't mind pushing their vehicles to the limit. It's not really that much different than dropping a bunch of money into a car and taking it to the drag strip. So to the OP, post up a video already...

I guess coming from western canada things like nass car and drag strips and truck pulling is not that common but I could be wrong I am never around in the summer always out on the sea.

I like watching off road vids on you tube sometimes but never cared for drag racing or truck pulling. This sounds gay but I rather watch the "strong men" the huge guys that like lift awkward heavy things in a competition that to me is much more amazing than someone throwing alot of money at a machine to just ruin it in a short period of time. I like things that take alot of skill. Maybe I dont understand nass car or drag racing or truck pulling but to me those dont look like it takes much training to be good at . To me its more about how much money you have to be good at those.

• 5 months later...

I guess coming from western canada things like nass car and drag strips and truck pulling is not that common but I could be wrong I am never around in the summer always out on the sea.

I like watching off road vids on you tube sometimes but never cared for drag racing or truck pulling. This sounds gay but I rather watch the "strong men" the huge guys that like lift awkward heavy things in a competition that to me is much more amazing than someone throwing alot of money at a machine to just ruin it in a short period of time. I like things that take alot of skill. Maybe I dont understand nass car or drag racing or truck pulling but to me those dont look like it takes much training to be good at . To me its more about how much money you have to be good at those.

Yep, pretty gay.

• 9 months later...

Archived