Snow Plow Setups On Newer Sierra

Im looking at getting a new 1500 Sierra soon and plan on putting a snow plow on it. Im having trouble finding a snow plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper for the plow mount. Is there a plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper. I saw a couple 2500 sierras at the dealer with Western Ultramount plows and the bumper had to be notched severly just trying to avoid it. Thanks

Im looking at getting a new 1500 Sierra soon and plan on putting a snow plow on it. Im having trouble finding a snow plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper for the plow mount. Is there a plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper. I saw a couple 2500 sierras at the dealer with Western Ultramount plows and the bumper had to be notched severly just trying to avoid it. Thanks

There are none that I know of....

Have you actually TALKED to a plow dealer?

As I have posted in one of your other threads on this is the 1500s

only require cutting of the small air d*m under the front end on the

gmt-900s. They should not have to butcher up the GMCs front bumper

cover assembly.

My bud has a gmt-900 1/2 ton with a new Western installed.

He just removed the small air d*m.

Look under the front of a new 1/2 ton and see what I mean.

The 2500s DO NOT have this piece on them.

Yup went to two different dealerships one 2011 2500 Sierra had a Western ultramount and the bumper had 2 notches cut out from the bottom all the way to the tow hooks. Another one was a 2011 Chevy 2500 with a Boss also had two less severe notches and the undercarrage was pushing on the bumper bending it all up. I havent seen a 1500 plow undercarriage in person but they sit lower to the ground and have lower bumpers then the 2500's so I dont know how I can get around not notching the bumper.

• 5 weeks later...

I found out that Hiniker's brackets can go on with no bump mods due to it bracket set up. Boss as someone above showed and what is listed on the Boss site (FAQ16 from Boss).

I unfortunately just found that the 2011 Sierra Denali has to have serious mods (cutting) to get the Boss brackets on. I stumble on this forum tonight while google'ing what some others might have done. I am thinking of finding an all black lower cover between the tow hooks and cutting and fab'ing a bracket to support lower are that I would have to cut out and then I can remount the lic. plate holder and cover the tab holes from the missing cover.

Right now truck looks like hell but happy with my purchase of a BOSS. My installer went above and beyond on this. Not the easiest front-end to work on and they fab'd up a bracket for the plugs on the tow hook so it is not bouncing in the wind.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not have to notch I just remove lower air dam , but I didn't not buy a mainstream plow I have a Hiniker,

My plow dealer is a mile from my house and I know him personally it only made sense for me to get this one

Archived