Snow Plow Setups On Newer Sierra

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wanagofaster

wanagofaster

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Im looking at getting a new 1500 Sierra soon and plan on putting a snow plow on it. Im having trouble finding a snow plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper for the plow mount. Is there a plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper. I saw a couple 2500 sierras at the dealer with Western Ultramount plows and the bumper had to be notched severly just trying to avoid it. Thanks

#2 yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Im looking at getting a new 1500 Sierra soon and plan on putting a snow plow on it. Im having trouble finding a snow plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper for the plow mount. Is there a plow setup where I dont have to notch the bumper. I saw a couple 2500 sierras at the dealer with Western Ultramount plows and the bumper had to be notched severly just trying to avoid it. Thanks

There are none that I know of....

#3 sonjaab

sonjaab

• 2,154 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Have you actually TALKED to a plow dealer?

As I have posted in one of your other threads on this is the 1500s
only require cutting of the small air d*m under the front end on the
gmt-900s. They should not have to butcher up the GMCs front bumper
cover assembly.

My bud has a gmt-900 1/2 ton with a new Western installed.
He just removed the small air d*m.
Look under the front of a new 1/2 ton and see what I mean.

The 2500s DO NOT have this piece on them.

#4 wanagofaster

wanagofaster

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

Yup went to two different dealerships one 2011 2500 Sierra had a Western ultramount and the bumper had 2 notches cut out from the bottom all the way to the tow hooks. Another one was a 2011 Chevy 2500 with a Boss also had two less severe notches and the undercarrage was pushing on the bumper bending it all up. I havent seen a 1500 plow undercarriage in person but they sit lower to the ground and have lower bumpers then the 2500's so I dont know how I can get around not notching the bumper.

#5 sierrao2

sierrao2

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

I have a 2011 Sierra 1500 with a boss mount and I just put a leveling kit in the front end and pull the little 2" air dam on the bottom of the bumper. There was no cutting of the bumper at all.

#6 wanagofaster

wanagofaster

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

I have a 2011 Sierra 1500 with a boss mount and I just put a leveling kit in the front end and pull the little 2" air dam on the bottom of the bumper. There was no cutting of the bumper at all.

Would you have any pics of this by chance?

#7 sierrao2

sierrao2

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

Here is a couple pics more to follow

Attached Files

#8 sierrao2

sierrao2

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Here is some more

Attached Files

#9 wanagofaster

wanagofaster

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

You are the man thanks alot. Been researching this for a month

#10 styd24

styd24

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

I found out that Hiniker's brackets can go on with no bump mods due to it bracket set up. Boss as someone above showed and what is listed on the Boss site (FAQ16 from Boss).

I unfortunately just found that the 2011 Sierra Denali has to have serious mods (cutting) to get the Boss brackets on. I stumble on this forum tonight while google'ing what some others might have done. I am thinking of finding an all black lower cover between the tow hooks and cutting and fab'ing a bracket to support lower are that I would have to cut out and then I can remount the lic. plate holder and cover the tab holes from the missing cover.

Right now truck looks like hell but happy with my purchase of a BOSS. My installer went above and beyond on this. Not the easiest front-end to work on and they fab'd up a bracket for the plugs on the tow hook so it is not bouncing in the wind.

#11 topdj

topdj

Brian

• 889 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

I did not have to notch I just remove lower air dam , but I didn't not buy a mainstream plow I have a Hiniker,
My plow dealer is a mile from my house and I know him personally it only made sense for me to get this one

trucksm.jpg
2011 Midnight blue 2500HD SLT crew w/35 Nitto Trails

6.5" BDS FOX 2.0 and steering stablizer,BedRug, snow plow prep
Hiniker 8' straight blade. Code 3 200watt light bar
2001 Trans am WS6 convertible heads cam headers
1992 Senza Spectre25' bravo 1 Hp500 72.5 gps
wifes 04 Toyota Highlander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users