Whats The Biggest Tire That Will Fit?

SSSilverado23

I have a 04 Silverado z71 and i need new tires. I was wondering what the biggest size tire i can put on it without buying a lift kit. Im going to keep my stock rims for now. They are a 17'' rim. I want to see if i can squeeze some 33'' tires on there and get away with it??? Let me know if that would work or whats the largest size i can put on. Thanks

Seeing how I have an almost identical question, perhaps I can add it here. May even help the OP out. :lol:

05 CC with stock 17s wondering if some 285/70/17 will fit fine?

Yep, sure will.

will 33x12.50 fit on my stock 17'' rims?

That is really pushing it. Preferably a 9" wide wheel should be used with a 12.5 inch wide tire but many people put them on smaller widths. They just tend to wear weird and look really ballooned. I would stick to a 285/70/17 on stock wheels with just a torsion crank as those may even rub a hair on that setup.

i really want mud grapplers on there and the smallest tire is the 33's. thats why im asking. my other option is the trail grapplers but i just dont like the way they look as much as the mud grapplers. maybe i should do the trails?

Nitto's run big and that Mud Grappler in a 33x12.5 would easily require a 4" lift or torsion crank and 3" body lift. I have the Trail Graps and love them so I would recommend them in a 285/70 to be safe, or you can try the 295/70 but I'm guessing that will require trimming.

Nitto's run big and that Mud Grappler in a 33x12.5 would easily require a 4" lift or torsion crank and 3" body lift. I have the Trail Graps and love them so I would recommend them in a 285/70 to be safe, or you can try the 295/70 but I'm guessing that will require trimming.

I don't think a 295/70/17 will require trimming on stock wheels. I could have gotten away with 295/70/17's I think. Especially since he has an '04, there is far more room in those wheel wells than GMT-900's. He might have to trim a little of the front valence, but that would be all.

You can put 33x12.5's on stock rims, though some don't recommend it. Personally I've never had a problem with it. If you want the Mud Grapps get them in a 33x12.5. They run big, but you got a little extra wiggle room to work with since you have the '04 and you can trim some if needed.

I don't think a 295/70/17 will require trimming on stock wheels. I could have gotten away with 295/70/17's I think. Especially since he has an '04, there is far more room in those wheel wells than GMT-900's. He might have to trim a little of the front valence, but that would be all.

You can put 33x12.5's on stock rims, though some don't recommend it. Personally I've never had a problem with it. If you want the Mud Grapps get them in a 33x12.5. They run big, but you got a little extra wiggle room to work with since you have the '04 and you can trim some if needed.

So with a torsion crank on stock rims i could get away with the mud graps? That would be cool! What would i have to trim if that was a problem? The rubber type stuff in the wheel well?

The only personal experience I have on the subject is my 2000 Silverado RCSB had the torsion bars cranked to the moon and a 3" BL to clear true 33x12.5's, on aftermarket Weld's though. Again, when I say clear I mean I can rest easy knowing I will never push fenders in when I am out having fun. I would guess being the same GMT800 platform and just a change in the front clip the space is close on an '04 to what a '00 would was.

With all that said if your goal is to get the Mud Graps then get them and make them work. I personally like functionality over tire size but that does not mean you have to also. :lol:

The only personal experience I have on the subject is my 2000 Silverado RCSB had the torsion bars cranked to the moon and a 3" BL to clear true 33x12.5's, on aftermarket Weld's though. Again, when I say clear I mean I can rest easy knowing I will never push fenders in when I am out having fun. I would guess being the same GMT800 platform and just a change in the front clip the space is close on an '04 to what a '00 would was.

With all that said if your goal is to get the Mud Graps then get them and make them work. I personally like functionality over tire size but that does not mean you have to also. :thumbs:

How do you like your 3'' body lift?

Archived