Concealed Led's

I just finished installing my new concealed LED's in place of my hidden strobes. Very easy install, used existing wiring for strobes. I bought 2 sets of LED's for only $230 at supersignals.com. The LED's only use 1.4 watts as the srobes were 90 watts a head (x's 4). They have built in 19 flash patterns and 9 LED's per bulb. I went with amber in the front, and clear in the back. I just had to drill out the holes a little bigger to accomodate the LED's. I did some price shopping and I got the best deal, as other sites like Northerntool.com wanted close to $400 for two sets.

I am waiting for tonight to see how bright they are in the dark. They did seem much more noticeable during the day time compared to the strobes I had in, but the strobes were old and were not as bright as they used to be. These LED's are rated for 100,000 hours of life. Very simple to hook up if you already have an existing hidden strobe system installed in your truck. You use existing wiring and LED's plug with into them! All you need to wire is power and ground, I have my power going to the switch I used for the stobes.

They're visible during the day, then again my strobes were old and worn, even one was blown out. I think the strobes cast a brighter, wider light, but it got annoying real fast at night when out plowing at night and reflecting off the snow. Maybe the LED's won't be as bad with reflecting issues, also went with amber in the front so it doesn't look like a camera flash show every second.

Archived