Z71 Appearance Package

gc2011

does any one have this option on a 2011 silverado? I was wondering if the floor mats or door plates have the z71 logo. I want to add something with this logo to the interior of my truck. Any other ideas? Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as said above. Here are a few photos. The floor mats are the same as other trucks.

The sill is covered up by my weathertechs but you can get the idea. Also threw one in of the gauge cluster

int_small.jpg

DSC00903.JPG

int_small.jpg

DSC00903.JPG

int_small.jpg

DSC00903.JPG

int_small.jpg

DSC00903.JPG

as said above. Here are a few photos. The floor mats are the same as other trucks.

The sill is covered up by my weathertechs but you can get the idea. Also threw one in of the gauge cluster

Has anyone seen seat covers or carpeted floor mats from the aftermarket with the z71 logo?

Has anyone seen seat covers or carpeted floor mats from the aftermarket with the z71 logo?

Yes.......

does any one have this option on a 2011 silverado? I was wondering if the floor mats or door plates have the z71 logo. I want to add something with this logo to the interior of my truck. Any other ideas? Thanks

Our 2011' Silverado Black seats came with Red & Silver embroider Z71 4x4 headrests! They are very trick looking and catch your eyes when walking by the truck in a parking lot.

post-90771-1316921451_thumb.jpg

Can you get the Z71 appearance package without the Z71 package? You know, for posers. :thumbs:

As far as I know, all Z71 items come within the one Z71 option from GM when the truck is ordered. Of cource anyone can make a Z71 clone by ordering the offroad springs, shocks, protective undercarrage skid plates, fender decals and seat headrests seperately through GM parts but that would get expensive and you would still not have a true Z71 because the VIN Options plate would not list Z71 on it.

There are a lot of '67-'69 Camaro's out there posing as Z28's this way but they are only worth a fraction of what the true Z28's are valued at.

Can you get the Z71 appearance package without the Z71 package? You know, for posers. :thumbs:

Z71 has been a meaningless package for years anyhow. It never really meant much but at least the older trucks got better shocks and other bits. For a while now Z71s came with brandless shocks and I think the G80 was even an option for a while too. My '03 wasn't a Z71 but it had just about everything the Z71 did anyhow. On the new trucks the appearance pkg comes with the Z71 pkg.

And the seat headrests were a dealer add-on, not something GM offers from the factory. They do look sharp though!

No

For a while now Z71s came with brandless shocks and I think the G80 was even an option for a while too

The Z71 appearance pkg comes with Rancho shocks. I wouldnt necessarily call those brandless.

The Z71 appearance pkg comes with Rancho shocks. I wouldnt necessarily call those brandless.

I know what's under my truck. :thumbs: I was talking about standard Z71s since GM stopped using Bilstiens on the 800s and that in general people seem to make a big deal out of the standard pkg. when nearly everything on it is/was available as a standalone option in years past. The only reason I wanted the appearance pkg was just that, it made the truck look better to me. I don't like chrome, the door sills are just a nice touch and the cluster breaks up the sea of black plastic inside.

From what I read on this link, it does not sound like it was possible to order the Z71 package without ordering these other packages on the 2011' model truck: the (ZMG)5.3 AFM Engine, the (Z82)HD Trailer Package, and the (N87)18" Aluminum Wheels or the (P46) 17" x 7.5" 5-Spoke Aluminum Wheels.

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2011/chevr...es_options.html

Our 2011' Silverado Black seats came with Red & Silver embroider Z71 4x4 headrests! They are very trick looking and catch your eyes when walking by the truck in a parking lot.

The headrest looks good. I have seen many of them on the Z71's and old ZR2's that were done like that. Unfortunately it's not a factory option. There are dealers that have things like this done and they jack up the price claiming it's a "special or limited" edition. I have my ZR2 headrests done, after seeing yours, I may have to get them done in my 2010....Looks really good.

As far as I know, all Z71 items come within the one Z71 option from GM when the truck is ordered. Of cource anyone can make a Z71 clone by ordering the offroad springs, shocks, protective undercarrage skid plates, fender decals and seat headrests seperately through GM parts but that would get expensive and you would still not have a true Z71 because the VIN Options plate would not list Z71 on it.

There were two Z71 options on the half-tons for 2011 (and 2010, and probably other years prior to that). The Z71 suspension package got you thicker struts, a beefier front sway bar, and the skid plates. Oh, and the flank decals. The Z71 appearance package required the Z71 suspension package and added Rancho shocks, body-colored grille and bumper, body-colored mirror caps and door handles, the steel door sill plates, the 18" wheels, "Z71 plus" decals instead of the regular ones, and the IP cluster graphics. The appearance package was NOT available for a couple of colors, one of which was Imperial Blue.

I know all of this because I have an Imperial Blue LT with the Z71 suspension package only. It also has the 18" wheels, which were a separate option if you did NOT have the appearance package. I really like the way the front ends look with the appearance package; I've gotten close by installing the body colored grille, but that center portion of the bumper is still chrome and it's too much of a PITA to "fix" right now. Maybe later, when my checkbook has healed a bit and I feel like spending a few hours on cosmetic mods.

Archived