1998 Gmc Sierra 1500 Blower Motor Resistor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Benson

Ron Benson

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hi Everyone! Im new to this forum so if this question has already been asked then forgive me but I was wondering where the blower motor resistor is located on my 1998 GMC Sierra 1500?

#2 wavery

wavery

Enthusiast

• 646 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hi Everyone! Im new to this forum so if this question has already been asked then forgive me but I was wondering where the blower motor resistor is located on my 1998 GMC Sierra 1500?

You will find the blower motor under the dash on the passenger's side. The resistor is just under it (closer to the dash than the firewall) and has several wires going to it. It's held in with 2-screws.

Be SURE to pull out the blower motor fuse before removing the resistor or it can get very exciting :cheers: .

Edited by wavery, 18 October 2011 - 07:53 PM.

Wayne
2006 Silverado ExtraCab 1500 long bed, 4.8, A.T., 2WD, 3.23 gears, .A.R.E. camper shell with side storage cabinets, bed slide.
Posted Image

#3 Ron Benson

Ron Benson

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

You will find the blower motor under the dash on the passenger's side. The resistor is just under it (closer to the dash than the firewall) and has several wires going to it. It's held in with 2-screws.

Be SURE to pull out the blower motor fuse before removing the resistor or it can get very exciting :cheers: .

Thank you VERY much!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here