Have You Smoked A Hemi 5.7 Today?

mikewood31

Relax their ranger Dan, I do not street race nor show off I have no desire to waste my gas doing so I just do not back down and let them try to cut me off when they want my lane and I don't buy into that Hemi torque crap because it is not measured where it counts ,at the rear wheels.not to mention its measured at 5400 rpm to start don't know about you but I have never had to rev my truck up that hi to get it moving and the gear ratio can make a big difference I know people that have owned older ones between gas stations and repair shops they ran fine so don't get your panties in to big of a knot or you'll fall of your high horse!
LOL.....sounds like you have an ego problem that may cause you to seriously injur or kill somebody. Putting others in danger and potential to kill someone on the highway because it hurts your ego if somebody passes you. Gotta love some of these people. Not sure if you realise it or not but hammering on the throttle when someone attemps to pass you is wasting your gas. These type of people are the ones we like to pull over on the highway and issue them citations for reckless driving, seeding, and failure to yield. What a moron! I tend to see this type of agressive driving done by women when I am on my way home from work. What ever poor decisions he has made the name calling doesn't make you any better. Ok Dr. Phil, I am pretty sure NOBODY that made a comment on his post said they were "better" than him...... let me explain something to you..... the word "moron" describes him perfectly. These are the kind of acts that get innocent people killed on the highway. Not yielding to traffic and slamming the throttle to the floor because this guys ego won't allow him to be passed in traffic IS going to cause an accident and most likely cause someone serious bodily harm. I am positive if this happened to someone in your family you would agree, anyone who does this and then brags about it is a moron. People like this should not be allowed to drive. Don't know how many fatal accidents I responded to due to these ego maniacs, it's a shame.

I would like to bring to your attention a little something from the ol' Rule-book (Rules that you agreed to upon joining our community).

You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.

I don't care how much a certain term "describes him perfectly", such name calling is a no-no here.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....Got smoked by a HEMI today on my way to work. A guy I work with agreed to "run" a little on the way to work today. Met him on the on ramp to the Interstate, got on Interstate side by side and away we went....well away HE went. I didn't have a chance (didn't expect to) against his 2010 1500 HEMI with my 5.3L 2010 Silverado....Again more proof that it can't be done without larger engine OR major modifications.

2010 RAM 1500 HEMI 5.7L bone stock

2010 Silverado 1500 5.3L DiabloSport tuned, Volant CAI

Those 5.7L HEMI engines pull hard.

....Got smoked by a HEMI today on my way to work. A guy I work with agreed to "run" a little on the way to work today. Met him on the on ramp to the Interstate, got on Interstate side by side and away we went....well away HE went. I didn't have a chance (didn't expect to) against his 2010 1500 HEMI with my 5.3L 2010 Silverado....Again more proof that it can't be done without larger engine OR major modifications.

If you think those Hemis pull hard, the 6.2 like in my truck pull that much harder, believe me I know first hand.

Haven't met one yet that I can't SMOKE!!!

Hemi owners get so pi*#ed when they can't keep up, they won't even look over at you at the next light.

The 5.3 just won't cut it in stock trim against a hemi. I feel for you guys. The hemi motor is pretty badass imo, so is the new ford 5.0.

Fords 5.0 should run better since it is a DOHC Motor. It would be pretty sad if the 5.3 ran with. I drove a new Ford 5.0 and it ran good. It just didn't seem as snappy as the 5.3, but in a long run it would get it.

It takes awhile (upper rpm) to get the 5.0 pulling, they don't snap off the line from a stock tune too well imo but once they start going, they are strong. Not as strong as the 6.2 however :chevrolet:

It takes awhile (upper rpm) to get the 5.0 pulling, they don't snap off the line from a stock tune too well imo but once they start going, they are strong. Not as strong as the 6.2 however :chevrolet:

Well duh! How does the Ford's 6.2 match up against the GM 6.2...wouldn't that be a better comparison?

Well duh! How does the Ford's 6.2 match up against the GM 6.2...wouldn't that be a better comparison?

Your right the ford 6.2 would be a better match, but whens the last time you seen one on the road.

I haven't seen any yet.

Last I saw the Ford 6.2 was put into a off-road package trucks(35" tires, lifted an so on) that I'm sure aren't going to run real good numbers in the 1/4 mile or light to light.

Oh and 6016 LBS that is one heavy pig.

Your right the ford 6.2 would be a better match, but whens the last time you seen one on the road.

I haven't seen any yet.

Last I saw the Ford 6.2 was put into a off-road package trucks(35" tires, lifted an so on) that I'm sure aren't going to run real good numbers in the 1/4 mile or light to light.

Oh and 6016 LBS that is one heavy pig.

Well, it is available...and the Ecoboost will also give the GM 6.2L a run for it's money too...in fact, in stock form, it will beat it.

Well, it is available...and the Ecoboost will also give the GM 6.2L a run for it's money too...in fact, in stock form, it will beat it.

With a name like your's is currently showing I guess there's no surprise that you'd make a claim like that.110% total b.s. by the way.

Archived