Have You Smoked A Hemi 5.7 Today?

mikewood31

With a name like your's is currently showing I guess there's no surprise that you'd make a claim like that.110% total b.s. by the way.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. :lol:

Ford troll: No one cares about ecoboost, not even you guys - seriously. Who wants a truck that sounds like a 4 banger anyways? The 6.2 Harley from the factory won't even spin the tires from a dig. It has a built in safety feature to prevent it even when adv. traction is disabled plus you never see them like ever. Believe me, I have been looking for them :devil:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It takes awhile (upper rpm) to get the 5.0 pulling, they don't snap off the line from a stock tune too well imo but once they start going, they are strong. Not as strong as the 6.2 however :chevrolet:

Well duh! How does the Ford's 6.2 match up against the GM 6.2...wouldn't that be a better comparison?

Your right the ford 6.2 would be a better match, but whens the last time you seen one on the road.

I haven't seen any yet.

Last I saw the Ford 6.2 was put into a off-road package trucks(35" tires, lifted an so on) that I'm sure aren't going to run real good numbers in the 1/4 mile or light to light.

Oh and 6016 LBS that is one heavy pig.

Well, it is available...and the Ecoboost will also give the GM 6.2L a run for it's money too...in fact, in stock form, it will beat it.

INCORRECT there "nomoregm4me", I mean "Boss302"

It's quite obvious you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when it come to this Ford Ecoboost. Not even the Ford guys want anything to due with the Ecoboost engine. Most of the information put out by Ford about this new engine was a marketing scheme and have been proven to be lies, everyone knows that from the independent tests that were done.

I have to admit that when this was introduced, it had me really thinking about looking at one and I have been reading and following discussion on the Ford forums since day 1 when this engine was introduced, I just didn't join the forum and troll around all day......

Guys on the F-150 forum are complaining about getting ONLY 15.2- 16mpg highway and 12mpg in town with this powerplant running higher octane fuel, sounds good huh? Makes me want to run right out and buy one (glad I didn't). Most of them complain about not being able to do better than 16mpg at 60mph, guess Ford forgot to mention that in their add. Nothing like getting feedback from actual owners of the vehicles, not some kid in his mothers basement attempting to cause problems on an internet forum.

Also have a lot of those Ford guys on their forum saying that if they could do it over again, they would NOT get the Ecoboost but instead the 5.0 or 6.2. Many of them looking into trading out of the Ecoboost as well....Before making false statements about some truck you wish you had but can't afford, do some research and see what the owners of them have to say.

I'll end this post with my favorite quote from the F-150 forum by a user named "Cbag's EB", it may break your Ford Ecoboost warshipping heart but he is an owner and not very impressed with it, here ya go :

"Cbag's EB" "I would take the 5.0 over my EB I think they drive great, five of my friends and I all bought

New F 150's this past year, we talk numbers and I have driven all of them often. One buddy got the 6.2, two got the 5.0, and two of us got the EB. If I could trade my EB for 5.0 or 6.2 I would. In what I have seen the only edge the EB has is bottom end pulling a large trailer because once you get to speed the EB will get no more then 6mpg. The EB is unable to do anything other flat ground cruise set at 40mph before it needs the turbos, my buddy's 5.0 get better mpg then the two EB when towing, city, highway. And it sounds like a truck. Once you get up to 70mph the 6.2 even does better, empty or towing. "

And if ya think I changed it or made it up, here's a link you can read with your own eyes, post #5

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/drove-my-buddies-2012-ecoboost-131084/

It takes awhile (upper rpm) to get the 5.0 pulling, they don't snap off the line from a stock tune too well imo but once they start going, they are strong. Not as strong as the 6.2 however :chevrolet:

Well duh! How does the Ford's 6.2 match up against the GM 6.2...wouldn't that be a better comparison?

Your right the ford 6.2 would be a better match, but whens the last time you seen one on the road.

I haven't seen any yet.

Last I saw the Ford 6.2 was put into a off-road package trucks(35" tires, lifted an so on) that I'm sure aren't going to run real good numbers in the 1/4 mile or light to light.

Well, it is available...and the Ecoboost will also give the GM 6.2L a run for it's money too...in fact, in stock form, it will beat it.

It's quite obvious you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when it come to this Ford Ecoboost. Not even the Ford guys want anything to due with the Ecoboost engine. Most of the information put out by Ford about this new engine was a marketing scheme and have been proven to be lies, everyone knows that from the independent tests that were done.

I have to admit that when this was introduced, it had me really thinking about looking at one and I have been reading and following discussion on the Ford forums since day 1 when this engine was introduced, I just didn't join the forum and troll around all day......

Guys on the F-150 forum are complaining about getting ONLY 15.2- 16mpg highway and 12mpg in town with this powerplant running higher octane fuel, sounds good huh? Makes me want to run right out and buy one (glad I didn't). Most of them complain about not being able to do better than 16mpg at 60mph, guess Ford forgot to mention that in their add. Nothing like getting feedback from actual owners of the vehicles, not some kid in his mothers basement attempting to cause problems on an internet forum.

Also have a lot of those Ford guys on their forum saying that if they could do it over again, they would NOT get the Ecoboost but instead the 5.0 or 6.2. Many of them looking into trading out of the Ecoboost as well....Before making false statements about some truck you wish you had but can't afford, do some research and see what the owners of them have to say.

I'll end this post with my favorite quote from the F-150 forum by a user named "Cbag's EB", it may break your Ford Ecoboost warshipping heart but he is an owner and not very impressed with it, here ya go :

"Cbag's EB" "I would take the 5.0 over my EB I think they drive great, five of my friends and I all bought

New F 150's this past year, we talk numbers and I have driven all of them often. One buddy got the 6.2, two got the 5.0, and two of us got the EB. If I could trade my EB for 5.0 or 6.2 I would. In what I have seen the only edge the EB has is bottom end pulling a large trailer because once you get to speed the EB will get no more then 6mpg. The EB is unable to do anything other flat ground cruise set at 40mph before it needs the turbos, my buddy's 5.0 get better mpg then the two EB when towing, city, highway. And it sounds like a truck. Once you get up to 70mph the 6.2 even does better, empty or towing. "

And if ya think I changed it or made it up, here's a link you can read with your own eyes, post #5

http://www.f150forum...coboost-131084/

Well said.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. :lol:

How 'bout you put up, or shut up? Wait, that whole idea is dead now in today's age of "Icanbeatoughinternetguyalliwantbecausemymommytoldmeso" jockeys.

Do us all a favor troll, make like Micheal Jackson and beat it. Thanks for playing.

P.S. I've got a CRISP $100 on my 6.2 over your Ecoboob or 5 liter wonder children trucks, ANYDAY and twice on Sunday.

I haven't seen any yet.

http://www.f150forum...coboost-131084/

:lol: calm down there bud, I NEVER said anything about the Ecoboost's fuel efficiency did I? I also have stated many times that I am actually NOT a fan of the Ecoboost (or any V6 turbo) and that I would take either the 5.0 or the 6.2 over it.

What I did say is that the Ecoboost F150 is a mid-14 second truck....stock! And it WILL beat the GM 6.2L stock vs stock.

Oh, and please tell me how you have one single clue about what I can afford? Just so you know, I could go buy a brand new truck nicer than yours today for cash. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. ;)

This one is good

took it right from a comment on you tube.

"I have a 2011 fx4. And? even i have to admit that chevys 6.2 is the fastest truck made right now. Ive seen a brand new chevy run 14.2 in the 1/4, bone stock with 3.43s. In hot weather. So us ford guess and dodge guys. SHUT UP!!! Ford is the nicest dodge is second nicest chevy is the fastest. End of story!! FACT"

This one is good

"I have a 2011 fx4. And? even i have to admit that chevys 6.2 is the fastest truck made right now. Ive seen a brand new chevy run 14.2 in the 1/4, bone stock with 3.43s. In hot weather. So us ford guess and dodge guys. SHUT UP!!! Ford is the nicest dodge is second nicest chevy is the fastest. End of story!! FACT"

A comment from youtube? Well, I retract everything I said as that MUST be true. :lol:

This one is good

A comment from youtube? Well, I retract everything I said as that MUST be true. :lol:

LOL............AGAIN this may be really hard for you to understand BUT the above comment is also from somebody who owns one, not a guy having a pipe dream.

We should all stop responding to this troll, he has taken this thread off topic...........It started out as road rage when a HEMI is attempting to merg into your lane and loos where it's gone....All because of this Ford TROLL who probably isn't even old enough to drive.

This one is good

LOL............AGAIN this may be really hard for you to understand BUT the above comment is also from somebody who owns one, not a guy having a pipe dream.

We should all stop responding to this troll, he has taken this thread off topic...........It started out as road rage when a HEMI is attempting to merg into your lane and loos where it's gone....All because of this Ford TROLL who probably isn't even old enough to drive.

Why do you feel the need to be so juvenile and hostile? Just because I happen to like the Ford F150 better than your beloved GM (at this moment anyway)?

I find it very ironic and hypocritical that you accuse me of being a child right after blatantly breaking forum rules by making a juvenile personal attack.

Grow up!

Archived