Advent Ogm 1 Review

Hey Walt. I just installed a kicker amp and focal speakers in my non-Bose 2008 Silverado. Sounds great but the turn signals are also very loud in my system. Will the turning on the Bose work in my case?

You know Terry, I have not had a chance to do that yet, but by all means give it a try. Go to "Settings">"Info">Press the "th" in "Bluetooth" and when the next menu comes up, choose Amplifier "On"

Let me know...

Thanks for the responses. I was hesitant to do anything that might damage the radio, so I thought I'd ask before I did anything that I'd regret. Not sure about other trucks, but on mine the chimes can be set to loud and normal using the DIC. That may also affect the turn signals but the setting was on normal and I didn't change it to see what loud might be like. I can live with the turn signals the way they are. They aren't going to make my ears bleed but I won't forget to turn them off either in case they don't self cancel.

• 1 month later...

Guarantee your installer never switched it to Bose mode.

Go to the settings screen>Info>Press the "th" in Bluetooth>"Amp On">Turn off car for 30 seconds and turn it back on.

Turn signals will be as factory.

Will this also work if you have an aftermarket amp?

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the responses. I was hesitant to do anything that might damage the radio, so I thought I'd ask before I did anything that I'd regret. Not sure about other trucks, but on mine the chimes can be set to loud and normal using the DIC. That may also affect the turn signals but the setting was on normal and I didn't change it to see what loud might be like. I can live with the turn signals the way they are. They aren't going to make my ears bleed but I won't forget to turn them off either in case they don't self cancel.

Having this problem too with my aftermarket amp. Thought about switching it to bose mode just to see what happens. Don't want to completely turn them off.

Archived