2014 Chevy/GMC Wish-List

I've got my 2007 GMC Sierra SLE2 2WD, and I love it for the most part. Here's a couple of things I'd like to see:

Trucks

* Better interior fit & finish - the panel gaps are off, and the cloth seats are average at best. It'd be nice to bring the new trucks up to the level of Ford's new interiors or better.

* An "F150 Raptor" fighter. Something that looks ridiculously awesome like the Raptor does - not up my alley, but it'd be nice to have something to get the younger generation excited about the brand.

* Better stereo options - the included options kind of suck. The NAV especially. Something to compete with SYNC would be nice, but make it less cheesy and broken.

* Storage in the bedside or tailgate like Dodge & Ford have started doing. Wasted space made useful!

* Standard roll-down 3rd rear window a-la Nissan. Great idea. Should be fully utilized.

* An option for a diesel 1/2 ton.

* Competing V6 Twin-Turbo to compete with F150 (?) maybe

* A bare-bones work truck option starting at around $15k. 2WD, vinyl interior, V6, no power windows/doorlocks, etc.

SUVs

* More seating room. It's ridiculous that the Acadia has more 3rd row room than a Tahoe.

* Bring back barn-door loading - very useful!

* Diesel option

* other interior upgrades as mentioned above

So, thoughts?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Interior to compete with King Ranch

-make Z71 package equal with FX4 package

-offer more gearing options like Ford

-offer better engine choices(one turbo v6, one non-turbo v6, v8 to compete with 5.0, and offer 6.2 in more packages)

-better premium stereo

-make Onstar an option and not standard

- backup camera standard

-better side mirrors like Ford has

-better cloth interior

-more driver info similar to what Ford has on their trucks

- bring back two-tone paint schemes

something to compete with the raptor would do well i think.

an option for factory duals like the dodge trucks, with a bumper to match.

fit and finish on the interior, get rid of the annoying rattles.

g-80 locking diff standard.

dic controls standard.

offer a 5 or 6 speed manual package. no other company has a standard, they would get the entire market.

offer some kind of appearance package with carbon fiber, it has become more and more popular. (guage background, interior trim peices, bowtie in grille and tailgate)

... offer some kind of appearance package with carbon fiber, it has become more and more popular. (guage background, interior trim peices, bowtie in grille and tailgate)

There have been many of us on the sister site of SilveradoSS.com wishing that Chevy would offer an SS package again. Maybe too much to ask... :D

Get rid of AFM on the 5.3 liter engine

Standard rear window defogger

Better bumpers

Higher quality fit and finish

Better interior materials

Alloy wheels with better clearcoat finish

Replace the cheap plastic door handles and mirrors with body color painted ones.

Provide rear wheel well liners as standard equipment

pm26, if you buy the right truck you do get body colored mirrors and door pulls. :D

Granted my body color mirrors are in storage now but that's another story and I don't think towing mirrors would look good painted anyhow.

350-375 hp 5.3l

4 wheel disc brakes

Better cup holder in the non center console trucks

Better stereo options with non paper speakers

7z1 with factory 2-3 inch lift and bilstein shocks....add a leaf in the rear for more payload and lift

Bluetooth music streaming.

450 HP/TQ and 25 mpg be and hopefully naturally aspirated not TT!

High end interior, tired of Leather/vinyl

A Denali with a bowtie with the above.

Every package do better than all the other manufactures....why do we have to ask for this on? Come on, give us all the bragging rights so we dont have to compare apples to oranges and mix match trims to do this!

First and foremost, METAL BUMPERS, I cannot stand vehicles with plastic bumpers don't care how in some engineers mind that $6,000 frotn end fix is better then a $200 new bumper either way the impact comes at the same force on you and the metal bumpers are much more safe

Bring back the 8.1 as said in a previous thread I have consistenly gotten better mpg on the 8.1 than the 6.0, whereas the 8.1 also has diesel like numbers

Bring back REAL SUV's, without HUMMER there is no longer any full size off roading SUV on the market that is actually worth a flip

It would be nice to see a real SUV such as a Suburban that had the rubber floors bench vinyl seats MANUAL, DIESEL, and actually give the SUV's the power their frames are made for.

Less plastic would be nice, but thats what you get when you got to deal with union labor cost I guess

First and foremost, METAL BUMPERS, I cannot stand vehicles with plastic bumpers don't care how in some engineers mind that $6,000 frotn end fix is better then a $200 new bumper either way the impact comes at the same force on you and the metal bumpers are much more safe

My Sierra has metal bumpers? Have they stopped that? Mine's a 2007 new body style - same body style currently out there.

Bring back REAL SUV's, without HUMMER there is no longer any full size off roading SUV on the market that is actually worth a flip

To be fair, the H2 and H3 were never good at offroading. They're too heavy, have too high a center of gravity, and are basically Suburbans with even less aerodynamics. For offroading, the best factory product you can buy today is still a Jeep, with some arguments about maybe a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I would love to see a 2-door Tahoe/Yukon FJ Cruiser fighter, though. Z71 off-road package, more extreme appearance (like the Ford SVT Raptor), 6.2L engine, 3" suspension lift, stock 35" BFGs with 16" bead-lock style steel wheels, winch option and removable top, flip-down tailgate - well, crap. I think I just described my old 1989 Chevy Blazer actually. Heh. Save for the engine (I had a 350).

It would be nice to see a real SUV such as a Suburban that had the rubber floors bench vinyl seats MANUAL, DIESEL, and actually give the SUV's the power their frames are made for.

Less plastic would be nice, but thats what you get when you got to deal with union labor cost I guess

Yeah the problem is that the demand isn't there for that product. It's a few guys like us on forums interested in a barebones suburban diesel. Most of the suburban sales are for families, and they want all the bells and whistles to amuse the kids like DVD screens and nav units and coffee warming cupholders.

One thing I would like EVERYONE to stop doing is bundling all these stupid things together in packages. Give me a la carte pricing. I hate the fact that if I want bucket seats in my truck, that means I also have to get power adjustable gas and brake pedals and rear backup sonar. If I want a rear window defroster, I also have to get heated seats or something. It's stupid. I understand why they do it, but if I'm ordering a custom new truck, I should be able to pick every option individually.

To be fair, the H2 and H3 were never good at offroading. They're too heavy, have too high a center of gravity, and are basically Suburbans with even less aerodynamics. For offroading, the best factory product you can buy today is still a Jeep, with some arguments about maybe a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Ok now, I know the media makes it look this way but this simply ain't true.

For one their made to offroad and they do a very good job at it, they have an EXTREMELY low center of gravity, you are the first person I've ever heard that from, just take a ride they handle curves like many sports cars I've driven, but seriously way off there.

There made to be heavy that's their advantage offroad the world of "muddin" isn't what all offroading is about, which is more dependent on tires anyway. Being heavy is extremely helpful with the low center fo gravity.

There is very little to it that's suburban-ish on the H2

Has a 3/4 ton front frame, a 1-1/4ton mid section and a HD 1/2 rear, has a 6.0 4l65e(laughable at best I know) Borgwarner AWD transfer case, better gearing, standard from factory with rear diff, is made by AM General rather than GM, factory 35 A/t 4:10 rear has the most travel of any IFS on the planet (to date) complete drivetrain protection via steel. Doesn't need to be areodynamic was made for fun rather than mpg. Do I need to mention clearence vs anything else GM sells?

A jeep is much to top heavy is to light to dig into the ground for traction and bounces to damn much, Extremely overrated really. FJ is laughable at best, look up the frame problems, it's aluminum frame has had thousands of complaints on it developing cracks even on non-wheeled vehicles, it much to plasticy to take offroad and has no real merits on it's own.

But seriously it so annoying when people take what they hear without question as fact.

In Fact AMG refused to build GM either the H1 and H2 (H3 was in house) unless both the H2 and H3 were able to live up to the name, all of them are just as able to accomplish as much as the Humvee aside from the indefinate amount of water fording only limited by snorkel height, but with gov't required technology and features expected today that simply wasn't possible.

The H3 is skilled in itself, no other midsized SUV has came from factory with front and rear lockers.

And both H2 and H3 have lockers even without engaging them.

Anyways my little rant today

Archived