CREE 5W LED Back Up Lights Lights

So after searching through every forum, I was unable to find a thread devoted to aftermarket back up lights without reviving an old thread. I have decided to start a new one devoted to some of the best back up lights I have found. I am not a retailer or distributor but thought I would share these with you especially if you have smoked tailights.

While looking on a Duramax forum, I came across a set of LED back up lights that are sold by Retro-Solutions. They are extremely friendly and respond to questions in the same day. The set I chose were CREE 5 watt LED bulbs. Instead of raving about how great they are, I have included pictures for you to see for yourself. Just thought I'd share my findings!

Stock Lights

Backup1.png

New LED vs Stock

Backupcomparison.png

Both bulbs installed

BackupFinal.png

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No modifications at all. Popped out the old ones and plugged these in. They ended up costing $39 for the set and come with a lifetime warranty. They are basically like mini HID bulbs for reverse lights. Definitely the brightest lights I have found and have a better light dispersion than the Recon bulbs.

I ended up getting the ones without the ring of LEDs. The 2010 Silverados take a different bulb than the 2011's. Therefore, the ones with the ring of LEDs is not offered for the 921 bulb. They make a bulb without the convex lens that provides a better light disbursement up close in case you have a back up camera. I have the ones with the lens so that I can see farther behind me when I'm looking over my shoulder.

I think I already know the answer to this but what do you think about them for brake lights? I don't see why they wouldn't work (I have a GMT 800 with separate brake and turn signal lights) but want to see what you think.

I don't see why they wouldn't work for brake lights. My only concern would be that they would look pink when you hit the brakes since these are such a bright white. If you have any questions about products, I suggest you email Retro-Solutions directly. They are extremely friendly and quick to respond. Their email address is [email protected]. I just don't want to point you in the wrong direction. Good luck and I would really appreciate it if you could post what you find out.

I don't see why they wouldn't work for brake lights. My only concern would be that they would look pink when you hit the brakes since these are such a bright white. If you have any questions about products, I suggest you email Retro-Solutions directly. They are extremely friendly and quick to respond. Their email address is [email protected]. I just don't want to point you in the wrong direction. Good luck and I would really appreciate it if you could post what you find out.

Thanks. Never thought of that. I sent them an email.

Hmmm, I emailed them on the 17th of November and haven't heard anything from them..

It says the 2011's use 3047 bulbs for reverse, what are you guys ordering? I didn't see 3047 on their site.

when I put in my truck info it shows 921? Im guessing its the same type socket?

Guys just for some info...

If you buy these lights for your brake lights, you should match the color of the bulb to the color of the lense.

for example, if you order brake lights make sure you order red bulbs, orange/amber for turn signals

just food for thought guys.

Archived