CREE 5W LED Back Up Lights Lights

Hmmm, I emailed them on the 17th of November and haven't heard anything from them..

Sylvania says the 2007, 2008 and 2011's use 3047 bulbs for reverse, what are you guys ordering? I didn't see 3047 on their site.

when I put in my truck info it shows 921? Im guessing its the same type socket?

2009 and 2010 use 921, which is a smaller base.

2011 use 3047 which has a base like the 3157 so I am going to guess I can interchange and use 3157? Has anyone done this on their 2011 reverse lights?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, I emailed them on the 17th of November and haven't heard anything from them..

It says the 2011's use 3047 bulbs for reverse, what are you guys ordering? I didn't see 3047 on their site.

when I put in my truck info it shows 921? Im guessing its the same type socket?

2010 and back use 921, which is a smaller base.

2011 use 3047 which has a base like the 3157 so I am going to guess I can interchange and use 3157? Has anyone done this on their 2011 reverse lights?

My 2008 Silverado calls for 3047 bulbs for reverse and brake lights. I was going to order bulbs but guess I should pull my old ones first to make sure I get the right ones.

Mine are only the top CREE LED. It is a 2010 so it takes the 921 bulb. This bulb has a smaller base and is smaller overall so they could not design a replacement bulb that had the radial LEDs as well. IMO they are one of the better investments that didn't cost a lot but have made a world of difference seeing at night. Plus you don't have to worry about cars not seeing you backup anymore since it is literally shooting a beam of light behind you. I'm glad I could post some pics to help y'all out!

my tails would get a lil moisture in them when I washed the truck, so this morning I washed it and went straight to the dealer. they gave me new tails and I now have the 3157 sockets= I just ordered me a pair :thumbs:

I must say they ship fast. Ordered late Thursday night (like 11:30pm) and they arrived today (Monday)

Now I need some time to install :)

It only takes about 10 minutes to replace both sides. Unscrew two screws and pull the light towards the rear of the truck. The plastic tabs will pop out of the grommet. Really simple and I'm glad you got them so quickly!

I must say they ship fast. Ordered late Thursday night (like 11:30pm) and they arrived today (Monday)

Now I need some time to install :)

It only takes about 10 minutes to replace both sides. Unscrew two screws and pull the light towards the rear of the truck. The plastic tabs will pop out of the grommet. Really simple and I'm glad you got them so quickly!

I know how to take them out and replace the bulbs. I have had them apart to hardwire the LED Light bar in earlier this year. I also have had my 2000's apart to change bulbs. As far as time goes I have a 2 yr old that requires non stop attention until he goes to bed and if he tries to help it will take double the time as he likes to steal my tools.

These are awesome. Very bright. Photos show a good comparison to the LED light bar. Definitely worth the $$$. Sorry about the quality of the photos (Iphone)

The middle one is with both changed

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

well, i did a little cross referencing for my 2011 hd , and 3157 will replace a 3047, so i ordered 3157 w/ radial and also ordered 5202 slim 35w hid (4300k) for the driving lights from retro. i'll report back with info in a few days!

~sea

These are awesome. Very bright. Photos show a good comparison to the LED light bar. Definitely worth the $$$. Sorry about the quality of the photos (Iphone)

The middle one is with both changed

SWEET :drool: they look good and I cant wait. mine said they shipped out today. :driving:

well, i did a little cross referencing for my 2011 hd , and 3157 will replace a 3047, so i ordered 3157 w/ radial and also ordered 5202 slim 35w hid (4300k) for the driving lights from retro. i'll report back with info in a few days!

~sea

I can't wait to see how the lights look with the radial LEDs. Please post some pics of the driving lights and reverse lights once you get them installed.

Archived