CREE 5W LED Back Up Lights Lights

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven see below from post #1

So after searching through every forum, I was unable to find a thread devoted to aftermarket back up lights without reviving an old thread. I have decided to start a new one devoted to some of the best back up lights I have found. I am not a retailer or distributor but thought I would share these with you especially if you have smoked tailights.

While looking on a Duramax forum, I came across a set of LED back up lights that are sold by Retro-Solutions. They are extremely friendly and respond to questions in the same day. The set I chose were CREE 5 watt LED bulbs. Instead of raving about how great they are, I have included pictures for you to see for yourself. Just thought I'd share my findings!

So after searching through every forum, I was unable to find a thread devoted to aftermarket back up lights without reviving an old thread. I have decided to start a new one devoted to some of the best back up lights I have found. I am not a retailer or distributor but thought I would share these with you especially if you have smoked tailights.

While looking on a Duramax forum, I came across a set of LED back up lights that are sold by Retro-Solutions. They are extremely friendly and respond to questions in the same day. The set I chose were CREE 5 watt LED bulbs. Instead of raving about how great they are, I have included pictures for you to see for yourself. Just thought I'd share my findings!

I emailed them on the 17th and NO REPLY. What's the secret to getting a response? I want to order but with service like this I am a little leery! I just emailed them again, see if I get a response this time!

I emailed them on the 17th and NO REPLY. What's the secret to getting a response? I want to order but with service like this I am a little leery! I just emailed them again, see if I get a response this time!

That's really strange. I have been emailing with them for over 2 weeks now (their shipments were delayed when the ice storms shut down the northeast). I don't mind emailing them your question if you want me to ask. They may be shut down for Thanksgiving but that's only a guess. Their service has been stellar and I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a response.

EDIT: This is the email I just received from Retro-Solutions. It took about an hour to receive a response. I honestly don't know if there is a secret. I have used the same email address. I emailed him to see if the 3156 are the same as the 3047.

"Hi Jason,

Yes those 3156 version of the CREE bulbs will be a direct replacement on your friends truck. For the Silverado we would recommend the Radial LED bulbs.

Thank you - Stephen Pillari - Retro-Solutions, LLC"

well, i did a little cross referencing for my 2011 hd , and 3157 will replace a 3047, so i ordered 3157 w/ radial and also ordered 5202 slim 35w hid (4300k) for the driving lights from retro. i'll report back with info in a few days!

~sea

I can't wait to see how the lights look with the radial LEDs. Please post some pics of the driving lights and reverse lights once you get them installed.

will doo

That's really strange. I have been emailing with them for over 2 weeks now (their shipments were delayed when the ice storms shut down the northeast). I don't mind emailing them your question if you want me to ask. They may be shut down for Thanksgiving but that's only a guess. Their service has been stellar and I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a response.

EDIT: This is the email I just received from Retro-Solutions. It took about an hour to receive a response. I honestly don't know if there is a secret. I have used the same email address. I emailed him to see if the 3156 are the same as the 3047.

"Hi Jason,

Yes those 3156 version of the CREE bulbs will be a direct replacement on your friends truck. For the Silverado we would recommend the Radial LED bulbs.

Thank you - Stephen Pillari - Retro-Solutions, LLC"

I received the reply this time, I am on the band wagon, ordered the radial ones. Hopefully I will get them later this week!

Guys just for some info...

If you buy these lights for your brake lights, you should match the color of the bulb to the color of the lense.

for example, if you order brake lights make sure you order red bulbs, orange/amber for turn signals

just food for thought guys.

I agree, the nature of LED is different and you have a different spectrum of light so you need to match the bulb color with the lens color. Also, for brake lights make sure they are DOT approved or if you run across a Police person that is a stickler for the law you might get a ticket. Odds are probably not but you never know.

well i had time today to install my retro-solutions digital 5205 35w (4300k) hid driving lights, CONS;instructions were way to vague, useless,i was on my own, no product support sat and sun. PROS; no big deal , i found it easier to crank the wheel to full lock ,undo the bottom fasteners on the wheel well skirt , lift the skirt up to have great access (i'm a big guy),pop the old bulbs out,laid out a clean install ,ballast attached to a bumper bracket bolt zip tied the wires together, went to install the spade in the stock plug , too wide, kit came with another plug with narrow spades, so i cut those off and cut he wide spades off,then attached the narrow spades to the bulb wires shrink tube the connections ,then plugged them in to the stock plug to test , viola - they work, covered the spades with dielectric grease buttoned it all up. It's now dark and had to go out ,well, THESE FRI@@EN LIGHTS ARE BANGING, OMG! i have a leveling kit on my 2011 2500hd ccsb, and some people coming the other way weren't to happy,all low riding cars. i don't think i'll need my high beams on unlit country roads (lol). Overall i'm very pleased with both my back-up bulbs and driving lights , very nice and functional upgrades.

~sea

Archived