6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

Can I join this club with a new to me 2007 Yukon XL Denali? “Upgrading” from the old faithful 2003 5.3L Yukon XL, and I’ll be having lots of questions about all this new fangled technology I’ve got myself into.

Your Yukon does not have an L9H 6.2 which this topic is specifically geared towards.

Yours has the L94

http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/l94/

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I’m new here as I just recently bought a Sierra 6.2. Now as I do not have a baseline to compare it to, id like to get your insight on this: Idle sound. (I will attached a video of Idle, I sort of hear a scraping sound in the beginning, just me?) if anyone gets a chance, give it a play and tell me what you think. Normal? Not normal? And if you want to show off :P, attach a sound of your 6.2 for comparisons sake. Thanks so much guys! 

B4B09F72-0077-4C77-8128-F05121E8351A.MOV

Edited by SinisterWhales
Biggest file I could upload

• 2 months later...
I have a 2011 Silverado 6.2L with nht and when I asked the dealer about front end and rear end and transfer case fluid change they said front and rear use part # 88900401 and transfer case uses auto trac fluid part # 88900402. Does this sound right?

Really late reply but it is a 75w90 gear oil and i recommend the Amsoil...but I am biased:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, new to the forum and dont know much about vehicles so bear with me. I bought a 2013 chevy silverado 1500 6.2L about a year ago. E85 is abundant and cheap where i am from so 90% of the time i run E85, unless im in the middle of nowhere and the local gas station doesnt have it.Truck is leveled and my average mpg on e85 is 12.75, but will run 14-14.5mpg on highway. Tires are starting to go bad and i plan to go to a 265/70 r18 tire, a little bigger than the 265/65 r18 stock tire. i am going to get a tuner to calibrate the bigger tires so speedo and odometer are correct. My question is are there any e85 tuners/tunes out there? i have been researching but cant seem to find anyone talking about a tuner you can plug in for e85. Any help would be appreciated!

Your truck is comparable with E85 what do you want to tune it for? General performance? My 2010 runs almost exclusively on E85. Have it tuned (not related to the fuel type) by blackbear performance

Ryan B.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a 2013 Sierra with the 6.2L used from a dealership. the previous owner has installed an unknown tuner to the vehicle. I am trying to install another tuner but it says it needs to be returned to stock before it will install.

How do I return it to stock settings?

• 3 months later...