nitto vs firestone vs toyo A/T's

NJ Bassmaster

That is not too bad of a tire. once the Firestone Destination LE's wear out on my truck I plan on finding some stock 18" wheels and will want a nicer more aggressive tire at that time.

If you're concerned about tire noise, be careful about how aggressive the tread is on the tire you select. Those Firestone M/T tires were designed for mud and the lugs made a hellish roar on the highway. I am very happy with the low road noise of the Toyo's.

We had the Firestone MTs on the front of our feed truck and liked them enough to replace the Hankooks on back with them this time. They are loud on the pavement, but that truck sees more dirt and pasture miles so it's worth it. I know a couple people that have the Nittos and love them. I've heard good things about the Falken wild peak ATs as well, and you can get them just under 200 for 265/75/R17 with road hazard and 50000 mile warranty from Peerless. Prolly what I'll get next time.

I can get a set of BFG All Terrain tires new (10 ply) for $230 a piece for 275 18" can't remember what the middle number was.

Would that be a good price, installed from a local tire shop where I live.

I can get a set of BFG All Terrain tires new (10 ply) for $230 a piece for 275 18" can't remember what the middle number was.

Would that be a good price, installed from a local tire shop where I live.

Sounds about right. My tires started out at $195 each and by the time tax, mounting and balancing were added along with a disposal fee, it was pretty close to $250 each.

i bought a set of yokohama geolanders at-s 265/70/17 for my 2011 sierra and they are a great, I only have 10000 miles plus and I am very pleased I drive in rainy conditions very often and on dirt roads just as much and the tires are holding up well!

I got toyo a/t's and I really like them, I did my research before buying and was going to get BFG's but some guys at work turned me to the toyo's.

They "apparently" last longer than some A/T's out there, this is my first A/T tire, but I trust the old men I work with as 20+ of them have been driving 4x4's and trucks since before I was born, as stated above some of the more aggressive treads do give more road noise, some may like that though!

I've been hunting in the mountains and driven in the snow and even though I only got a 2wd these tires never disappointed me.

Archived