Advent OGM-1 Owners: New feature requests?

Advent OGM-1 Owner's Poll  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top priorities:

• Ability to activate the back-up camera at any time
  • Control XM station presets with steering wheel controls

Must-haves Bluetooth:

• Bluetooth would be safer using steering wheel controls, number would ideally show up in the DIC
  • Contact name does not show up when dialing?

Must-haves Nav:

• Nav software is not the best, really hoping iGO is awesome
  • Need route summary so that I can easily review before leaving and can look ahead
  • Time in nav is too small and is hidden behind dash trim due to unit’s recessed screen
  • Information display pop-up when stations or songs change while on nav screen

Wishlist:

• Faster boot time
  • My 2004 Sierra had speed control volume… auto volume change was great
  • Really like Walt’s suggestion to add additional LAN data, especially reading trouble codes, engine mgmt.
  • Live traffic display, more interactive features with smartphone… could possibly use Bluetooth connection or wireless hotspot from phone?
  • Ability to set route on PC and transfer to OGM1
  • Remove the SUV from the backup screen
  • Ability to remove AM source (never use)

One more... there is definitely some distortion on XM talk radio on my unit. I saw another post recommending the use of harman labs 6db attenuators to compensate for amp overdrive from the XM module. I plan to try this to correct.

All of these are suggested improvements, I do really like this unit.

I am currently not an OGM-1 owner, but I am seriously considering purchasing one inthe near future. The big issue holding me back is that it can't use the factorry blue tooth mic. My whole goal is always to modify while keeping the stock factory look. That is actually one of the things I really like about the unit. It looks so much like the factory nav system.

I currently still use the stock bluetooth for phone because of integration with the truck. For example, when a call comes in the A/C blower is lowered to reduce background noise. Also, answering and ending call with the steering wheel controls is easier & safer (IMO) than reaching for the screen. If those issues (and the sound quality of the calls) could be addressed, I'd be all over using the Advent's bluetooth. The Advent's microphone is pretty small, and you don't really notice it, so that's a non-issue for me.

I'm not an owner yet of the OGM1 but I am really considering buying one. So if i am reading this correctly it is possible to use the factory bluetooth for the phone while having the OGM1 installed? The factory bluetooth then must be separate from the factory radio unit. Or is the factory bluetooth tied into the onstar?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a real piece of dream material............

Although the igo primo is 1000 times beter than the navmate

Everyone knows that the world leader in navigation is Garmin

Why dosnt Advent go for broke and strike up a deal with Garmin

Install Garmin software on a spectacular unit like the OGM 1....then it would be PERFECT!

Yea i know....i go on too much about navigation.....but i rely on it so much

Ok here's what I would like to see.

1. Allow the steering wheel controls to change the track when you're listening to bluetooth audio.

2. More options when you search for music when listening to an ipod or iphone. For instance. There is no option for podcasts. Makes it a lot harder to find your podcasts then it needs to be. Also, when you search by artist and click on a specific artist you should get a list of all the albums by that artist that you own, not all the songs. That's how the factory ipod integration works and I prefer it that way. You have the option to listen to all songs by that artist or break it down by album.

3. When I have my iphone plugged in I can listen to Slacker radio just fine. However, I can't control anything at all. I should be able to at least change tracks by hitting the next track button on the radio.

Get these three things fixed and the radio would be perfect IMO.

I wish the little horizontal blue bar that shows me how long a track had been playing or how much time it has remaining became active. When listening to my ipod or iphone I can scrub anywhere in the timeline to jump to a part of the song or movie I like. With a touch screen you'd think that would be active.

I'd like to see a black background for a display. The grey is ok just think black would make the unit look more clean. I'd also like the ability to remove the icons from the menu screen.

And faster boot time as well!

I would like to have a faster boot up time. Slowest I've ever had or seen.

Would also like for when I hit my steering wheel control while on xm, it would change to the next saved preset instead of next channel

Would also like for when I hit my steering wheel control while on xm, it would change to the next saved preset instead of next channel

I know the unit is getting hammered on boot-up time and I wish it was better, but it's weird that sometimes we see MUCH faster boot times than other times. Still haven't figured out what causes it...

The XM preset scan issue from the SW controls will be fixed on the next firmware update, along with the camera screen fix and addition of Pandora for iPod/iPhone.

We're counting down the days... :fingersx:

I know the unit is getting hammered on boot-up time and I wish it was better, but it's weird that sometimes we see MUCH faster boot times than other times. Still haven't figured out what causes it...

The XM preset scan issue from the SW controls will be fixed on the next firmware update, along with the camera screen fix and addition of Pandora for iPod/iPhone.

We're counting down the days...

Sweet! Great news! Have you heard anything in regards to xm sometimes not working and having to restart?

-Josh

Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr using Tapatalk.

Archived