Advent OGM-1 Owners: New feature requests?

Advent OGM-1 Owner's Poll  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read where the steering wheel controls for bluetooth do not interface with the OGM-1? If it is the case that you cannot use the steering wheel buttons to answer or place a call on the OGM-1 then I would like to see this function made a top priority.

I had always thought, incorrectly I guess, that Bluetooth was part of the stock head unit and was replaced when installing an OGM-1, thereby retaining the steering wheel phone controls. I hope this can be done.

I just read where the steering wheel controls for bluetooth do not interface with the OGM-1? If it is the case that you cannot use the steering wheel buttons to answer or place a call on the OGM-1 then I would like to see this function made a top priority.

I had always thought, incorrectly I guess, that Bluetooth was part of the stock head unit and was replaced when installing an OGM-1, thereby retaining the steering wheel phone controls. I hope this can be done.

If you already have the factory bluetooth option then you will keep using the factory setup as you do now. It's simple, just do not setup the bluetooth on the OGM-1 with your phone and all of the factory buttons and functions work as before. :thumbs: The bluetooth is ts own module, the stereo only controls the volume you hear thru the speakers.

Probably not possible. The BT is on it's own with the OnStar. As it has been said, just continue to use the factory BT if you want those controls.

Probably not possible. The BT is on it's own with the OnStar. As it has been said, just continue to use the factory BT if you want those controls.

What about the ability to sync your contacts with the OGM-1? Keeping factory bluetooth kinda defeats the purpose to switch...

I hope since the OGM-1 can interface with other steering wheel controls that it may someday use the phone buttons as well.

Walt?

What about the ability to sync your contacts with the OGM-1? Keeping factory bluetooth kinda defeats the purpose to switch...

I hope since the OGM-1 can interface with other steering wheel controls that it may someday use the phone buttons as well.

Walt?

The problem as I've had it explained to me, is that since the speech button on the wheel is dual purpose (controls BOTH factory BT & OnStar depending on how long you press the button), it is essentially hard-coded to work with those functions and there is no ability to integrate the Advent's BT functions as they currently exist in that data stream.

Having said that, I know Klyde32 discovered how to use both the factory and Advent BT at the same time: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141684

Well shucks,

I was hoping to be able to simply press the steering wheel button and use a voice command to make a call...

I guess I can just do this through the GM Bluetooth the old way. Is there then any benefit of syncing contacts on the OGM-1? Will it still mute the OGM-1? Hmm.

I would love plug and play for GM accessories and turn by turn with Onstar if possible. Fluid transition from old head unit to this. I want my steering wheel controls to work every way with the head unit and work with the stock speaker in liner and usb connectivity.

I've already explained how you can maintain the factory USB in my thread. It isn't a total stealth install as you still have to mount the media hub but where I put it in the upper glove box you'll never see anyhow. I can't speak for Walt or Advent obviously, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see integration of the steering wheel controls for BT and definitely not OnStar. The iGo maps are 10000000x better than anything OnStar could ever offer, I don't miss it.

Archived