What has GM done new to set its self in the right direction.

Morgan1986

Missing features???

(null)

1. No rear AC vents in ext/crew cabs

2. No footwell lighting

3. No underhood lighting.

just to name a few...

footwell lighting? are you kidding me?

Agreed. What is the purpose of footwell lighting? Do I need a light in my truck to know where to put my feet and where the pedals are? My old S-10 had footwell lighting and all those lights where ever good for where going out.

I don't even think my wife's Audi has footwell lights and it is considered a luxury vehicle.

As for the others, while an underhood light would be nice it's not something I worry about. I'm not going to be working on my truck at night in the dark but if I am it would be in my garage. If I need light, that's why I have a flashlight in my truck.

My dad's Avalanche has rear A/C vents and I can tell no difference in cab temp/comfort between his rear seats vs. mine so that's not a big deal either.

My truck has all the options I want, and more. The only reason I have some of the options on my truck is because that's just what it came with.

But that's just me. Everybody has their own opinions.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so much nit picking about items that are more luxary then functional, i buy a truck to be a truck not a vehicle i drive to the hamptons in for tea and crumpets, long as it durable,long lasting and reliable with the few essentials(a/c,heat,4x4 and good power comboed with decent mileage) i'm happy. i could care less if my truck talked to me or if my cup holders were cooled....in my opinion the biggest step GM made in the right direction was kicking parasite brands like hummer to the curb and focusing on polishing up their core brands..GM made some vehicles on par with a freshly layed terd in the past but so did every other automaker, its all trial by fire when it comes to auto sales

So, de-contenting to reduce cost, while keeping the price the same (or raising them), is OK with you?

Do you think GM de-contents to reduce price or to increase profits?

Missing features???

(null)

1. No rear AC vents in ext/crew cabs

2. No footwell lighting

3. No underhood lighting.

just to name a few...

footwell lighting? are you kidding me?

Agreed. What is the purpose of footwell lighting? Do I need a light in my truck to know where to put my feet and where the pedals are? My old S-10 had footwell lighting and all those lights where ever good for where going out.

I don't even think my wife's Audi has footwell lights and it is considered a luxury vehicle.

As for the others, while an underhood light would be nice it's not something I worry about. I'm not going to be working on my truck at night in the dark but if I am it would be in my garage. If I need light, that's why I have a flashlight in my truck.

My dad's Avalanche has rear A/C vents and I can tell no difference in cab temp/comfort between his rear seats vs. mine so that's not a big deal either.

My truck has all the options I want, and more. The only reason I have some of the options on my truck is because that's just what it came with.

But that's just me. Everybody has their own opinions.

Ever have a black interior with no footwell lights and drop something on the floor at night?

Are they absolutely crucial? Nope, but they used to be there and GM removed them to save money/increase profits. How does that benefit you and I?

Awww Boo Hoo the Government bailed out GM! Big Deal! Thats about the dumbest reason to not buy a vehicle if I ever heard one! The Government bailed out the banks too. Do you not get a loan from the bank because they were given Government money? I didn't think so. I highly doubt the rest of the morons out there that complain about GM getting bailout money don't either.

Awww Boo Hoo the Government bailed out GM! Big Deal! Thats about the dumbest reason to not buy a vehicle if I ever heard one! The Government bailed out the banks too. Do you not get a loan from the bank because they were given Government money? I didn't think so. I highly doubt the rest of the morons out there that complain about GM getting bailout money don't either.

Where did I say the bailouts had anything to do with my refusal to buy GM products?

Are they absolutely crucial? Nope, but they used to be there and GM removed them to save money/increase profits. How does that benefit you and I?

GM may have removed the footwell lights that were/are useless (every one of my vehicles has had a black interior and I've never dropped something and been bothered by the lack of a footwell light) but you fail to point out all the things GM has added. Today's trucks have more power, are more fuel efficient, safer, cleaner, better driving and countless other improvements. My 2003 was pretty bare bones but I've ridden in and driven several loaded 800s and there isn't a single thing in any of those trucks that I wish my truck had.

GM may have removed the footwell lights that were/are useless (every one of my vehicles has had a black interior and I've never dropped something and been bothered by the lack of a footwell light) but you fail to point out all the things GM has added. Today's trucks have more power, are more fuel efficient, safer, cleaner, better driving and countless other improvements. My 2003 was pretty bare bones but I've ridden in and driven several loaded 800s and there isn't a single thing in any of those trucks that I wish my truck had.

True, but so are the competition's offerings....without the decontenting.

The new trucks blow IMO

If GM wants to sell trucks they would bring back the 95-99 GMT-400s and change nothing but the engine and trans. The interior of my truck is the most comfortable of any truck I've been in and hell it even has lights in the footwells so I can see my feet in case I ever lose them

Good lord all the wanna-be car "experts" love to whine about decontenting. Name one SERIOUS feature the 900s lack over the previous generation.

Lol, I will never leave my chevy no matter how bad they get, hell if you don't like the new, go back to the old! You can drop 10k and fully restore a truck of your dreams, oh even better, you can add all the extra accessories. You could rdream of! Footwell lights, underhood lights, under carriage spare tire light, lights in the truck bed, etc. Lol

Good lord all the wanna-be car "experts" love to whine about decontenting. Name one SERIOUS feature the 900s lack over the previous generation.

Quality! (i.e. straight, non-wavy sheet metal)

Never have heard anyone else complain about wavy sheetmetal on here. I spent 3 years in a dealer shop, you sound like one of those people who notices stuff that doesn't actually exist, then you throw a fit when the service tech can't fix something that isn't there in the first place. Saw it dozens and dozens of times.

Never have heard anyone else complain about wavy sheetmetal on here. I spent 3 years in a dealer shop, you sound like one of those people who notices stuff that doesn't actually exist, then you throw a fit when the service tech can't fix something that isn't there in the first place. Saw it dozens and dozens of times.

Then you have your head buried in the sand. This is probably the biggest complaint on the GMT900's.

Archived