What has GM done new to set its self in the right direction.

Morgan1986

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From who? Non gm truck owners?

(null)

Nope, non-GM Fanboys.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85124&mode=threaded

Wow, like 8 replies! Yep it sure is the most common issue out there...

I had my bed Line-X'd before I took delivery. If you're so damn concerned about the looks of your bed I'd suggest a bedliner. Considering just about all the manufacturers use those caps now so for all you know they could all be like that.

Won- my seat does collect lint like lots of others. I clean it every week or two and really haven't had any issues.

(null)

Nope, non-GM Fanboys.

http://www.gm-trucks...4&mode=threaded

I had my bed Line-X'd before I took delivery. If you're so damn concerned about the looks of your bed I'd suggest a bedliner. Considering just about all the manufacturers use those caps now so for all you know they could all be like that.

Won- my seat does collect lint like lots of others. I clean it every week or two and really haven't had any issues.

Google this: GMT-900 thin sheet metal.

You will see plenty of links about it to this very site, as well as GMI and many others.

De-Nile is a river that runs very long and deep.

I do not like the rough interior plastic of the GMT 900s, and the AFM (**** fuel mismanagement) system scares me. On the other hand, the ride of the GMT900 is more car like because they use different suspension in the front.

I like the 6.2 liter, 6 speed combination on the 900s. The cloth on the seats on the 800s is of much higher quality, IMHO.

The sheet metal, especially the bed rails are woefully thin on the 900s. I would not let a cat walk on those.

I like the body colored fender flares on my 800 truck. The bulging fenders on the 900s, made in order to eliminate the fender flares, look cheap.

And how about those AWESOME rear drum brakes GM went back to on the 1/2 tons in 2005. Those are SWEET!

Oh wait, drums are better than discs, right? :lol:

Drums? Mine is 4 wheel disc :)

True, but so are the competition's offerings....without the decontenting.

Good lord all the wanna-be car "experts" love to whine about decontenting. Name one SERIOUS feature the 900s lack over the previous generation.

Quality! (i.e. straight, non-wavy sheet metal)

You first stated straight non wavey sheet metal, now you jump on over to thin sheet metal. :confused:

so much nit picking about items that are more luxary then functional, i buy a truck to be a truck not a vehicle i drive to the hamptons in for tea and crumpets, long as it durable,long lasting and reliable with the few essentials(a/c,heat,4x4 and good power comboed with decent mileage) i'm happy. i could care less if my truck talked to me or if my cup holders were cooled....in my opinion the biggest step GM made in the right direction was kicking parasite brands like hummer to the curb and focusing on polishing up their core brands..GM made some vehicles on par with a freshly layed terd in the past but so did every other automaker, its all trial by fire when it comes to auto sales

So, de-contenting to reduce cost, while keeping the price the same (or raising them), is OK with you?

Do you think GM de-contents to reduce price or to increase profits?

just a question...do you know anything about economics? as in inflation or a company's capital? nobody likes high price tags but generally higher prices mean the company is doing well...it also applys to the economy as a whole..also part of the reason prices are so high is because people constantly want more and more shit built into vehicles from the factory, technology isen't cheap...oh and lastly the phrase "to each their own" also applys to vehicles, you may see a vehicle that is "de-contended" and i may see it as "a nicely loaded vehicle"

And how about those AWESOME rear drum brakes GM went back to on the 1/2 tons in 2005. Those are SWEET!

Oh wait, drums are better than discs, right?

My brakes work great. Better pedal feel and better stopping than my "superior" 2003 with all-disc brakes. The rear discs on 800s were garbage, the pads got eaten up by road debris.

My brakes work great. Better pedal feel and better stopping than my "superior" 2003 with all-disc brakes. The rear discs on 800s were garbage, the pads got eaten up by road debris.

Yeah, my 06 has drums on the rear and I have no problems stopping. I've also been told many times that im lucky to not have disks on the the rear cause they are trash. And if anyone does have problems you can always upgrade the front rotors, I have slotted and drilled rotors and they help even more.

Considering just about all the manufacturers use those caps now so for all you know they could all be like that.

Actually... other manufacturers don't have metal under the bed rail caps, at least not the F150 and Tundra. It's just a waffle grid that holds the plastic in place. The plastic *is* the bed cap!

(null)

Nope, non-GM Fanboys.

http://www.gm-trucks...4&mode=threaded

my seats on my 05 the upgraded cloth option is really nice. There was two grades on the clothes seats . The less nice one I could get in 05 collected alot of lint the people i knew that had them. The clothes seats I have look new still and just vacuum like 3 times a year inside and the interior looks new still for the seats .

So, instead of fixing the issues properly, they go back to old-tech drum brakes? If drum brakes are just as good, why does EVERY other mfr use them in all of their trucks? And why does GM use them in the NHT 1/2 tons and the HD trucks? I think the only other GM vehicle that uses rear drums that I know of is the Sonic.

Oh, and the front rotors on my GMT900 were toast in under 40K miles, the right front rotor had grooves within the first 6 months (about 5K miles)...cheap Chinese crap!

Mine isn't an NHT truck try again

(null)

Oh, excuse me....6.2L equipped truck. And if drums are better (or just as good), why does your truck get discs and the other 1/2 tons get drums? Maybe because discs are superior? Nah, couldn't be....GM is perfect!

Archived