Steering wheel lights

Thanks to this site, silveradoSS.com I was able to save a nice chunk of money on replacing my steering wheel control lights in my H2. I followed every step from popping each switch out to snapping it back in and worked out pretty easy. I saw one of the sites recommending radio shack #272-1092 mini lamps so I got those and they worked out perfect. Only thing I had an issue with was the short ass wires on the connectors but with a small pick type tool I was able to hold the connector in place while pushing the switch back into the steering wheel.

Yup, when I had my truck, did the same thing and replaced all the light bulbs in the radio, a/c controls, and all the door panel window controls. Basically, if it had those hot ass light bulbs, it got replaced with new one's lol, and they looked damn good too!

They have them for sale on Amazon they run from $16-$20 depends which one u need its the whole button. They are made from dorman part number is 901-123 they are the same exact buttons as stock. As you type in dorman 901-123 in the search the other part numbers should come up as links. Hope this helps let me know, Good luck!!!

• 6 years later...

For 2003-2006 GN trucks and SUV's you can easily replaced the bulbs in the SW switches. They are soldered in and need to be soldered back. LEDs are your best bet as the OE bulbs have a blue rubber cap over them which is a filter for the incandescent bulbs. The blue caps usually harden and break when trying to reuse them. All of the aftermarket caps are pretty much garbage also. I bought DIY LED kits from eBay with the good cube LEDs that spread the light evenly with no bright spots. Kits come with the cube LEDs, instructions and the polarity diagram. An hour or 2 and you are done. https://www.ebay.com/str/gmgaugerepair/LED-Steering-Wheel-Kits/_i.html?_storecat=10570695017

Forgot to mention that they have 4 color options also.